Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Park

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ZENER wrote:
    Though keep in mind Quickpark is one small carpark with 4000 spaces, we have to service 5 carparks spread over a much wider area with a lot more spaces. But there are a lot more staff in DAA to help if you get lost or stuck. ZEN

I agree although DAA is very inefficient. Take for example the CSAs it employs for the summer. As soon as the superviser leaves, they sit in the shelters playing with mobile phones and ipods instead of assisting and directing passengers. This would never happen in Quickpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

With the apparently permanently disabled online booking and the increase from €5 to €6 per day for parking, it seems Quickpark are learning from the DAA that the best way to maximise profits is to increase prices and reduce services.

Think Dial A Cab will be getting my € from now on.

With the apparently permanently disabled online booking

AFAIK they are hoping to phase it out as it is less lucrative and gives a lot of hassle. It was an good advertising ploy to have when they were trying to establish themselves in 2003, as DAA didn't have it, but it has become a burden.

For example, if 500 people book a space for next Monday, it means that they will have to try and empty that many spaces to make room. This means turning away other potential customers at the gate. It is much simpler to operate a "first come-first serve" system. 20 cars leave - admit 20 and close again. No hassle and car-park permanently full.

Oh I grasp why they're doing it, lower service=higher profits. I just think its a pity that a genuine improvement in facilities @ the airport has been downgraded now that they've captured a % of the market.

Oh I grasp why they're doing it, lower service=higher profits. I just think its a pity that a genuine improvement in facilities @ the airport has been downgraded now that they've captured a % of the market.

Well they are a private profitmaking company - they have no obligation to accept your vehicle nor have they any obligation to improve facilities at the airport. That is remit of the DAA. It could be argued that you can bring your business elsewhere if you are not happy. The service to those parked there is the same.

• Advertisement

It could be argued that you can bring your business elsewhere if you are not happy.

It could be argued that you mustn't have read my original post.
    Think Dial A Cab will be getting my € from now on
    The service to those parked there is the same.

You could argue that's not the case, customers who booked online in the past could exit the car park by using their pin #, thus paying automatically and avoiding the pay stations.

At the end of the day people will weigh the pros and cons of using Quickpark, for me the cons outweigh the pros.

customers who booked online in the past could exit the car park by using their pin #, thus paying automatically and avoiding the pay stations.

This service frequently broke down causing tailbacks at the exit. Customers who had paid the straightforward way at the pay station were held up while PIN customers waited until the system was rectified. Quickpark were forced to employ someone to be on standby just to deal with this.

Advertisement