Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard of this Provider?

• 12-07-2006 10:15am
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

I have just moved to a new development in Ashtown (Pelletstown Manor) and there is a company doing a tv/phone/3 meg broadband internet bundle for €50 a month in the development. Has anyone ever heard of them? They are called 'Envy' and I have not heard of them before. If anyone has heard of them, any ideas on what they are like?

I am a bit annoyed because the NTL connection there is only MMDS so no broadband capability, and I really would prefer not to get a phone connection in if possible as I never use landlines, so this Envy crowd seem like a possibly reasonable option.

I appreciate any help.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

e-nvi actually

'not a great company' :p as Dunphy may say and they have the cable monopoly on your estate so its no NTL or Chorus for you mate, ever .

order your own phone line today, if you can, and read these threads

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054913418

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054918288

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cheers for that, not what I was hoping to hear, but what I feared I must say. I have rang NTL though and they do provide MMDS telly, so may get that combined with traditional broadband then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

Sponge Bob wrote:
    e-nvi actually

"so its no NTL or Chorus for you mate, ever"

...funny that, I'm getting NTL installed next week.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

AFAIK they have been doing a lot of work in the background in advance of coming to the market. This is different to other carriers who announce their services 12 months before they are available.
    They seem to be seriuos as Ray McSharry has become chairman of the board.
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single6764
    thegills

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bob90909

5starpool wrote:
    I have just moved to a new development in Ashtown (Pelletstown Manor) and there is a company doing a tv/phone/3 meg broadband internet bundle for €50 a month in the development. Has anyone ever heard of them? They are called 'Envy' and I have not heard of them before. If anyone has heard of them, any ideas on what they are like?

I am a bit annoyed because the NTL connection there is only MMDS so no broadband capability, and I really would prefer not to get a phone connection in if possible as I never use landlines, so this Envy crowd seem like a possibly reasonable option.

I appreciate any help.

Hi Im your new neighbour! just moved in there too and am going through something similar in getting someone to provide broadband. Ive been told by eircom they cant find my line or some technobabble like that and envi didnt know what I was talking about when I spoke to them about broadband in pelletstown even though DNG gave me a brochure for them. How are you getting on so far , any luck in getting hooked up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

I got bounced around to 3 different people in eirocm before i got an answer. Firstly the local exchange is broadband enabled, the reason for not having the details is that eircom is still waiting for a sign off from the developer to say that all cable/ground work has been done, once they get that they will be in a position to hook you up, so basically its just paperwork

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sponge Bob wrote:
    (12th July)
    order your own phone line today, if you can,

Forgot to mention that eircom have a year to get the phone lines working before Comreg show any interest, thats one year after you get a written confirmation from eircom of receipt of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bob90909

5starpool wrote:

I appreciate any help.

FYI: Envi cannot commence service until the develpers are 100% finished because the comms room is full of their stuff. Envi have no access at present to set up their service. Eirom are set up and I have my line now and broadband, and due to their monopoly you HAVE NO cHOICE but to sign up to them for 6 months for a line, you can move to wh you like after that. Beware though that eircom think pelletstown is part of Rathbourne so make that distinction if you sign up to them as They have not got lines enaled yet. I had a nightmare getting set up as they got the address as pelletstown, Rathbourne instead of ashtown so couldnt find the lines or something!!!
    anyways envi wont e redy to go in pellets town for at least a few months.

Advertisement