Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Aygo & peugeot 107 very similar?

Options
  • 12-07-2006 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a car today that looked like an Aygo.. when i got closer it was a peugeot 107?

peugeot_107_arr1.jpg
    This is the new 107
    And the Aygo is:
    rear.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

They are the same car, check out colm_mcm's sig

Edit: He deleted it, maybe he might still have it and can share it with us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

As is the Citroen C1. All built in the same factory in Eastern Europe, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yup, Toyota and Peugeot/Citroen got together on this. They're all made in the Czech republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That previously mentioned extract...
    The small car market will be slightly swollen with three new cars in 2005, the result of a joint venture between PSA and Toyota. Citroen's version, the C1, is aimed at people who are put off by the sheer size of the existing C2 model which, let's face it, is really massive. Meanwhile, its Peugeot sister, the 107, will be perfect for those who think the firm's new 1007 city car is a bit too interesting. Finally, Toyota's new baby is called the Aygo and will probably be like a less spacious, ever so slightly cheaper Yaris. A Toyotist was quick to point out that during the joint project the Japanese had much to learn from their French partners; "This has been an education for us," he confessed. "Previously during the design process of a new model we might concentrate on getting everything finished. Our colleagues in Paris have shown us that actually we should take time each day to bugger off for a three hour lunch and maybe a nap. We have also learned much about an entirely new interior concept for us. It is something called 'rattles'".

On a serious note, although these models are identical, the Toyota has a longer warranty, a stronger image, and should be worth more second hand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

colm_mcm wrote:
    On a serious note, although these models are identical, the Toyota has a longer warranty, a stronger image, and should be worth more second hand
    Isn't the Citroen notably cheaper though? Sure I heard one of the lads on TG saying this (when they were playing football with them :)).

adam

• Advertisement

Theyre all the same price over here. (€11,550 plus delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote:
    Theyre all the same price over here. (€11,550 plus delivery)

But Citroen generally do big discounts :)

They also generally do breakdowns, this one might be different!

they don't have their usual margin to play with on the C1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

unkel wrote:
    But Citroen generally do big discounts :)
    Only because they have difficulty selling them in the first place. Citroens don't have a good reputation on the Irish market.

Either way the Toyota represents a safer investment from a residual value point of view. Citroens loose their value much quicker and then you need to take into account the extra possible cost to you due to the shorter Citroen warranty. Toyota have a much better dealer network. All in all I'd have to say the Toyota represents better value for money.

Citroen generally build in big discounts into their prices, no room for big discount in the pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Somehow I don't think Citroen will be having any heavy discounting on the C1 as they don't have the profit margin on the C1 that they can enjoy on their other models.

The C1/107/Aygo were specifically designed to keep expense to a bare minmum. Even the rear door windows open out on a hinge rather than wind down to keep costs down. This among other things plus the sharing of parts, platforms and assembly lines contribute to low cost manufacturing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

All Three Are The Same Car, So Buy The Cheap One.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

so you go into the Citroen garage and say "why should I buy a C1 when I can buy the same car with a Toyota badge and a longer warranty down the road?"

they'll have to discount them to some extent or they ain't going to sell any of them (even if you're wedded to buying european cars you'd buy the Peugeot version - probably on sale in the same garage in most cases).

It's a ridiculous situation, but seeing as the Toyota has 12 months longer warranty, a better dealer network, and surely a higher resale value, why would you buy the other 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Yeah, dont be expecting the big discount that citroen usually give there aint the margin, an intresting point to add to the usual citroen giveaway when i was italy about a month ago the were giving away a aprilla 125cc scooter with every citroen .Makes a difference to the usual cash back offers.

when i was italy about a month ago the were giving away a aprilla 125cc scooter with every citroen .

Handy for when Citroens do what they do

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote:
    the Toyota has 12 months longer warranty, a better dealer network, and surely a higher resale value, why would you buy the other 2?

Cause you'd get a bigger discount :D

I agree with you and others though, the negotiating band would not be as good (from a buyers point of view) compared to other (Citroen) models
    kluivert wrote:
    All Three Are The Same Car, So Buy The Cheap One.

Only that simple if you do not consider warranty and if you will not resell the car, ever ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colm_mcm wrote:
    Handy for when Citroens do what they do

Maybe toyota should be giving them away to people buying aygos too so.

Advertisement