Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads a few pics of my catch...!

Options
  • 12-07-2006 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Gents,

only started dry flyin really this year so i went out spent few quid on a half decent rod real and the other bits. I fish in Dalgan park if anyone knows it down in Navan. Grand spot not many big fish but great sport all the same.

Last night did best fishing ever in my life!

have look at pics.....

14-06-06_2143.jpg

11-07-06_2239.jpg

11-07-06_2217.jpg

11-07-06_2212.jpg

11-07-06_2053.jpg

Oh just to add i threw them all back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Nice one, fair play. Just picked up a cheapo fly rod/reel set up meself and hopin to give it a go after years sea fishing. As you say they mighnt look huge but brownies are pretty small anyway and they fight like theres no tomorrow for their size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vibez

Ur dead right, i couldnt beleive the fight out of them, one of them was just over a lb weight and it fought like a 10lb pike!

its a great sport i have to say im addicted!

if your only startin out give rathbeggan lakes a try, i think for 20euro you get a lesson and a few hours fishin on the lake.

Advertisement