Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Examiner article today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Excellent find LiB, can you post that here too?

I am sure police get calls all teh time from psychics along with alot of time wasters but I would like to see alot more people coming forward with information with regards to missing people.

If i ever got to the stage were I developed my ability enough I think dedicate alot of effort towards this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

6th wrote:
    I am sure police get calls all teh time from psychics along with alot of time wasters.

Don't think htis is a time waster though if what her uncle says
    Fiona’s uncle, Johnny Sinnott, yesterday revealed a clairvoyant from Dublin had got in touch with the family a few weeks ago.

“He had read about Fiona’s disappearance, saw her picture in the papers. He came to the family to try and help.

“He mentioned St David, we went to the Mulrankin area. We went to the laneway running behind the Catholic Church which is St David’s Church. I did not even know of this laneway. He also mentioned a church with an automatic bell, which St David’s Church has.”

Mr Sinnott explained how the clairvoyant had said a blood-spattered piece of clothing worn by Fiona should be in the ditch in the laneway.

Just heard on Newstalk that the search is ongoing and nothing has been found so far.

I no i wasnt suggesting he was a time waster I was just trying to get across that it must be difficult for the gardaí to take calls seriously with the amount they get.

This guy seems genuine and i hope it brings about some answers.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I seem to remember ages ago one of her sisters asking that psychics not contact them, they must have had a lot of this originally. This guy has to have come up with something concrete for the family to listen and for it to go public. This is my neck of the woods, am very familiar with the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Possibly,

or else they are trying to smoke out the perpetrator, make him nervous enough to make a mistake and get caught from it. Hope it works out whatever happens.

Possibly,

or else they are trying to smoke out the perpetrator, make him nervous enough to make a mistake and get caught from it. Hope it works out whatever happens.

I seriously doubt that would be the case as it could be seen as a complete waste of resourses after 8 years. Also I dont think the family would put themselves through a hoax like that.

Possibly,

That had occurred to me too, but if thats what theyre at theyd still want to be sure the information was pretty accurate. The next few days will tell.

KatieK wrote:
    That had occurred to me too, but if thats what theyre at theyd still want to be sure the information was pretty accurate. The next few days will tell.

True, if the information was inacurate then the killer would have nothing to worry about.

Also there was a recent case here: http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/latest/200607031952/39864534

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Possibly,

Tbh that was my first thought too. It seems a little odd for them to release such a detail, but then again there has been a lot of pressure on the Gardaí to do something so maybe they were just happy to release some information so people realise they are still working at it.

• Advertisement

Una Power wrote a good article in the Tribune on Sunday on why approaching a family with psychic information is not a good thing. Specifically in relation to this case. I thought she made a good point. Will link if I can find it.

Article from the Mirror 17/07/06
    17 July 2006
    FIONA PSYCHIC SLAMMED BY TOP CLAIRVOYANT UNA
    By Declan Ferry

A TOP psychic has slammed the clairvoyant who approached the family of missing Fiona Sinnott.

Una Power said it was "outrageous" for the medium to say she may know the whereabouts of the dead woman. Ms Power added: "I wouldn't dream of approaching a bereaved family - I think it's outrageous.

"You take a huge risk with a family at a time when they are suffering greatly."

Ms Power, who works as a resident psychic for TV and radio, has helped the Garda once before.

But she said she would never do it again.

She added: "It's too sensitive. I also think we have a very good police service.

"And I can be wrong. A good psychic can tell very, very quickly whether or not someone is dead. It is much, much harder to locate a body. I have located bodies - on occasion but never anyone who had been murdered."

Fiona, 19, went missing in 1998 in Co Wexford.

The renewed search for her began after a man claiming to be a clairvoyant approached the Sinnott family.

He said some of Fiona's clothing was buried in a ditch and her body was nearby.

But Ms Power said if psychics have information they should go to gardai first.

She claimed it is more difficult for officers to turn down a plea from a distraught family member.

Cheers 6th. Didnt buy the mirror.:)

Neither did I, or the examiner ... sure its all online now days ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭imprezza

Does anyone know the name of the psychic who is helping the police? It's a man but Una calls the medium "she". I don't think Una power is psychic at all she just asks questions and argues with you when you tell her she's wrong.

Afaik his name wasnt released. Her mother has been distancing herself from it all, as she does not believe. And our local paper yesterday said that the detailed search turned up nothing. Pity for the family, and strike one for the sceptics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

A Dublin based clairvoyant has provided Gardaí with information on the whereabouts of Fiona Sinnot who disappeared in 1998.

I thought people on here might be interested.

http://www.examiner.ie/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=ireland-qqqm=ireland-qqqa=ireland-qqqid=8134-qqqx=1.asp

strange......that link and references to this seem to have been erased from the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Because it's 5 years old?

Advertisement