Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear

• 12-07-2006 12:17pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am a big lanky ****e!! 6ft3 and about 12st.
    Here is my problem I never know what suits me clothes wise. Just been called skinny again at work! I dont mind those comments because thats what I am! But I would just like to get some advice on what to buy shirt wise for work i.e plane etc as well as casual clothes.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

Go for loose fitting clothles, shirts, baggy-ish jeans etc.

Being that tall and slim more loose fitting clothles would be best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

hmmm not so sure i agree. if your skinny wearing baggy clothes will only make you look thinner. people will think your so thin you can't find clothes that fit (which may be true).

i have this problem too as i'm 6ft and skinny. just find clothes that fit, not too loose, not too tight. try wearing white shirts (black will make you look slimmer). maybe avoid jeans altogether and wear chinos etc instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

here's a tip.
    Wear t-shirts / polo shirts with horizonal stripe (s) as this give an optical illusion that you're actually wider and less skinny.
    On the flip side, avoid tops/ shirts with vertical patterns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

dont go around wearing baggy clothes, it just makes it look worse..

go into a shop which has clothes that you like the look of, then ask one of the staff to help pick out clothes that would suit you... they'l go picking out a load of differnet things and you just tell them yes/no as they go along :p ... Now think about it, thats somebody elses opinion of what would look good on you, thats what you want right? Use the staff man, thats what they'r there for :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fashion guru

I agree with the last three comments - don't wear baggy clothes. Don't wear clothes that are too tight either. Essentially, you want to break up your height so that it balances more with your frame/size. The answer is to layer i.e. polo shirt or traditional shirt plus jacket. This creates the illusion of bulk. The weight of the fabric also plays a role.

Chinos will make the lower body look slightly wider. Details like pockets and belts also create bulk. Turn-ups in trousers will make the leg look shorter. To break up your height, try colour blocking. That means wearing more than 2 different colours at a time. The colours can be of the same family e.g. dark navy and sky blue or dark purple and icy pink. "Icy" means a bare hint of colour.

Hope that helps!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement