Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox modding

Options
  • 12-07-2006 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Does anybody know someone who will mod an xbox in the Dublin area. Really stuck help would be apprecited.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭podgewalsh

There is a guy that will do it in who is based in Cork he is very good, costs about a tenner to send the xbox to him , have a butchers at www.modchipsireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Why not just do it yourself, its easy. No modchip is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I can do it for people, just PM me, and I'll post you out the required junk, and instructions. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I can do it for people, just PM me, and I'll post you out the required junk, and instructions. ;)
    Do you supply your own or know of any Irish Mox Chip retailers? Looking to hardmod a damaged Xbox soon (dead HDD, hack will remedy this).

Achilles wrote:
    Do you supply your own or know of any Irish Mox Chip retailers? Looking to hardmod a damaged Xbox soon (dead HDD, hack will remedy this).

I could give you a lend of one of my solderless chips in the post, if you would agree to return it after you used it.

The hdd, what's wrong with it exactly? what error does it give?

• Advertisement

I could give you a lend of one of my solderless chips in the post, if you would agree to return it after you used it.

The hdd, what's wrong with it exactly? what error does it give?
    Dude legend! If you could do that I could read the eeprom chip and get the key to lock another drive with so that it'll work. The drive gives the Bios 9 error which means the HDD failed to initialise, took the box apart and sure enough the drive wasn't spinning at all. Tried another HDD in the box and that spun up but obviously wouldn't work with the box cus the hdd key that it was locked with was different. Was thinking about getting a cheap chip.

Actually, what model is your solderless chip? Might be interested in purchasing it...

Man, Sounds like the hdd is fecked. This is all you have to do. Stick in a new, blank hdd. Install my chip, and turn it on, throw in a copy of slayers auto installer, format for new hdd, install MS dash.

Then remove chip, and the xbox will boot to normal stock state, unmodified, with the newly formatted hdd. THEN you can just softmod it. No ****tin around with eeprom bollox that way ;)

EDIT: Btw, you can lock, unlock any hdd if it is connected while chip is on, and slayers is in the dvd drive, before you remove chip, lock the new hdd, THEN it will boot normally, with no errors.

Man, Sounds like the hdd is fecked. This is all you have to do. Stick in a new, blank hdd. Install my chip, and turn it on, throw in a copy of slayers auto installer, format for new hdd, install MS dash.

Then remove chip, and the xbox will boot to normal stock state, unmodified, with the newly formatted hdd. THEN you can just softmod it. No ****tin around with eeprom bollox that way ;)

EDIT: Btw, you can lock, unlock any hdd if it is connected while chip is on, and slayers is in the dvd drive, before you remove chip, lock the new hdd, THEN it will boot normally, with no errors.
    Yeah I realise that man but when you lock the hdd with Slayer's CD the disc looks in eeprom and locks the drive with that code. I can lock loads of other drives but they'll only ever unlock in this Xbox (unless you flash the eeprom of another Xbox... but that's a differen fish full of kettles).

Again as I said, what model is your solderless chip? I might be interested in purchasing it regardless as with a softmod I can't go over the 120Gb mark, I'll be using it as a MythTV frontend over a network when I get it up and running so that I can use it as a full PVR>

The chips not for sale, But its an xecuter 2.6 with a solderless adaptor.

Why cant you go over 120GB? I modded 2 xboxes last night, one with 160GB, and the other with 320GB. both softmodded after hdd installation with krayzies UXE.

The chips not for sale, But its an xecuter 2.6 with a solderless adaptor.

Why cant you go over 120GB? I modded 2 xboxes last night, one with 160GB, and the other with 320GB. both softmodded after hdd installation with krayzies UXE.
    I thought there was a 120Gb limitation to softmods. Another problem, this Xbox is one of the original Xbox disc drives so it reads feck all burned media. The way I softmod is using the Splinter Cell hack.

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote:
    I thought there was a 120Gb limitation to softmods. Another problem, this Xbox is one of the original Xbox disc drives so it reads feck all burned media. The way I softmod is using the Splinter Cell hack.

No, that over 137GB rule doesnt apply, that was for old hacks, and even older bioses. It has a thompson drive, It can prolly only read dvd+r media, no cds, or dvd-rs will work on it right?

Try dvd+rs, work fine with the thompson.

EDIT: what "splinter cell" hack do you use? get krayzies splinter cell PAL UXE softmod installer, its the best one, and pretty recent.

No, that over 137GB rule doesnt apply, that was for old hacks, and even older bioses. It has a thompson drive, It can prolly only read dvd+r media, no cds, or dvd-rs will work on it right?

Try dvd+rs, work fine with the thompson.
    Aye it's a thompson, cheers I'll try that. Cool so where abouts you living? Might be easier to pick the chip up off you. Cheers for letting me borrow it btw, I started a thread about the same here earlier and nobody bothered to reply.

The chip is actually in a mates house from last night, wont get it back till next week, I ordered it from www.kanection.co.uk , they have decent prices.

Fair enough man, where abouts are you located? I could meet you in town or something if that's ok...

Advertisement