Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give back the Goalposts!

Options
  • 12-07-2006 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Has somone been nicking goalposts? Own up. If not, services must have taken them away for storage? repainting? Where have they gone?

There are 2 soccer posts on the GAA pitch, alas they are turned together so cannot be used, my friends and I were looking for a game last night and we didnt want to move them incase services got pissed off.

Anyone know who I could ask? They've been available every other summer since I can remember and its very unfair to take them away now just because the hurlers/ etc have gone home. I dont know about you but Im starting to think the fairies are involved in this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

the guys are already using dirty tactics to win the boards girl versus boys epic..tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

They take them down every summer, at least they do on the merville pitches. They nomally reseed and sand the pitches during this time so they take goals down to discourage people playing matches on the pitch.

Plenty of five a side pitches available if you want a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Yeah they basically take down all the posts every summer... (what IRLrobin said)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

they have to be realigned. Hugh Brady pays a professional Japanese company to come in and charge 1.million to realign the goalposts in order to maximize your college experience and give you a greater degree of choice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭antSionnach

The rugby posts dont move and they usually keep soccer posts knocking around too. It is a bit mean if they are taking these away. if theyre faced together just move them so you can play, nobody should mind unless its McJeep on a power trip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Well, technically, I think - think - you're supposed to pay a rental fee to the guys in the Sports Centre to use pitches anyway...

Advertisement