Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-d-d-awg slow...

Options
  • 12-07-2006 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

After clicking on a link from the index page to a Forum it took:
    Page generated in 19.15597 seconds with 15 queries

This was just a few minutes ago. Are the servers crawling for everyone?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

nope. i find most problem i have are usually on my end though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've been having problems either posting threads or replying using the advanced option. Things have been slow enough at times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I also ran the query from hell on the database around the time you posted that. Adam Sandler and a shampoo bottle come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i've noticed boards being very slow in the last few weeks too, but i'm assuming that's all the scum (students, like me) being off college and/or school and hammering boards all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ouch....
    admin+statler@boards.ie: Page generated in 124.19670 seconds with 13 queries

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ecksor wrote:
    I also ran the query from hell on the database around the time you posted that. Adam Sandler and a shampoo bottle come to mind.

StopLookingAtMeSwan_Fullpic_1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm curious, does the large number of forums contribute to the slow-down? I mean, does having an extra forum (even with no traffic in it) on the server slow it down much?

Danke

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Things like searching, viewing a forum, viewing a thread etc are what contribute to most of the load.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

The boards are fine tbh.
    Stop yer whinging.
    :)

Advertisement