Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Construction on M50

Options
  • 12-07-2006 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else seen that thing they're building just off the M50? It's just before the Ballymun exit heading north near the airport. Cannot think of a good way to describe but a chalice would be best thing I can think of. It's not a building but pretty tall. Anyone know what it is? I guessed maybe it's something to do with airport communications like a RADAR system or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Looks kind of like a water reservoir of sorts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yeah thats what i thought too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It is a water tank.

It was in the Water Conservation supplement to the Irish Independent yesterday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

That's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's a water tower. Seriously, Dublin Co. Co., if you're reading, please put a massive cloth sign in front of this saying "THIS IS JUST A WATER TOWER. DRIVE ON."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

seamus wrote:
    It's a water tower. Seriously, Dublin Co. Co., if you're reading, please put a massive cloth sign in front of this saying "THIS IS JUST A WATER TOWER. DRIVE ON."

LOL,

and stop giving those fu<kers permission to put up the big wheel just off the N7 beside the M50, I feckin hate rubber neckers, but that's another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Water tower,
    As discussed in numerous threads in Commuting/Transport, Motors, and also probably a few in AH as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Do ya not think that it is a bit of a weird place to put something like that?? Right beside the biggest carpark in Europe with all those fumes??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved from AH.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sparks400 wrote:
    and stop giving those fu<kers permission to put up the big wheel just off the N7 beside the M50, I feckin hate rubber neckers, but that's another thread.

I was actually very surprised when this got the go ahead again this year,will they ever learn.I think this area is in the South Dublin County Council area so for once we can not blame DCC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Just one of the things that comes with a lot of high rise dwellings in the area...you need to have water stored in a tower to keep pressure in the system, otherwise people in their penthouses can't have a steady supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

There seems to be a lot of weird constructions in Dublin these days. From the needle to the water tower. I reckon they are preparing to invade Iran, beat the Americans to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ibanezjem

Sparks400 wrote:
    LOL,

Im on the M50 everyday to and from work. Main reason for congestion: Rubberneckers. Down with this sort of thing! Pay attention and drive!..and they wonder why there are so many accidents. tut tut!!

Advertisement