Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proxy Servers

Options
  • 12-07-2006 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't know much about networking etc but I want to set up a proxy server to make IP address look different. There is a sports stream I want in Germany/Austria but its blocked for UK/Ireland etc so I was told that if I use a proxy server I would get around this:

80.58.205.61 Port 80.

Can anyone help advise me on how to go about such a thing? :confused:

Also, if I set up a "proxy server" does that mean websites etc in Ireland won't see my real IP address either. ?

Thanks for any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Theres a handy program called Proxy Way that you can turn on and off when you want to access a site that requires an IP address from a specific country or an anonymous IP. You install PW and then you need to enter a list of IP addresses to use. Just do a google for Proxy IP addresses for Germany

Hope this helps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

A proxy server will connect to a site for you, retrieve pages and files and pass them on to you, hence you'd be connected to the site 'by proxy'. If you setup your own proxy server, it's going to have your IP address anyway so that's not much good to you. You need to find a proxy server somewhere else with a suitable IP, like Cousin Borat said, google should help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Many thanks lads. I will give it a go. :)

Advertisement