Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL questions

• 12-07-2006 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

ive just ordered broadband from NTL. i have a few questions...
    i always use my laptop in my room.. i wanna know :
    where the broadband thing is going to go?
    can it go in my room?
    or will i need a router?

i asked the dude on the phone and he was just useless....
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

most installers will also have a router and wireless card, so if you want to use the PC and laptop for browsing move the PC as far away as possible from the NTL point, like another room, in that case they should give you the Router and USB wireless card for the PC. The reason why they do that is so they do not need to drill the walls to get the cable to the other room.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i dont have a pc. i just use my laptop... i only use the laptop in my room, is that enough cause to give me one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Misticles wrote:
    i dont have a pc. i just use my laptop... i only use the laptop in my room, is that enough cause to give me one?

Hi

I'll say so. Be nice to the installer and if it looks like they won't give you 1 ask them, Say that you all use the laptop in the house in your own rooms.

Regards

oki... cos its gonna be in the sitting room.... ill say i was told ill be getting one.. hehe

nava wrote:
    Hi

I'll say so. Be nice to the installer and if it looks like they won't give you 1 ask them, Say that you all use the laptop in the house in your own rooms.

Regards

has this ever worked with ntl?

• Advertisement
Advertisement