Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! - Tab not working in Emacs

Options
  • 12-07-2006 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys

Trying to edit a html page in Emacs in HTML mode and also tried HTML-Helper mode. Once I'm in the mode I can't tab to indent my HTML code. This is really frustrating, especially since search on Google has turned up nothing except I should be able to

I can tab on the first line, but once I've entered some HTML code I can't tab any of it. Pressing tab simply does nothing.

Tabs work fine outside of HTML mode, I've been editing PHP scripts for days in Emacs with no trouble. I've tried it on the Emacs version on my own machine (Fedora 5) and the development machine (RH Enterprise 3) and they both act the same, so I don't think it is any configuration changes I've made. Possibly something Redhat do to Emacs?

Anyway come across this? I've a dead line for friday I'm am spending all my time trying to figure this stupid thing out. Emacs can be great, but sometimes it a piece of sh*t.

Advertisement