Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ya??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Mentalmiss wrote:
    I did post a reply to this but it seems to have been removed

I was talking about the forum moderator!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

Nature Boy wrote:
    I was talking about the forum moderator!
    So was I but it does not matter because my original post seems to be on there again.
    Sorry for the confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Sorry I missed that post by Ruggybear, Shabady doesn't seem to be about muchy these days, she got married and I assume she has real world stuff to do.

Ruggy is trolling this forum and I wasn't the mod the last time when the steak post was posted, he's being banned.

Shabadu is married to a vegetarian by the way and a qualified chef, dunno particularly what her views are on the topic.

I always thought it was a man!

Well good luck to her, whoever she is! Seems kinda strange having a non-veggie as a moderator in a veggie forum! Although I think somebody may have said that already....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

RuggieBear wrote:
    I eat raw meat quite often. I don't find steak tartare and carpaccio inedible...:confused:
    I find that disgusting tbh. I can barely think about it!
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

I'm pescetarian, but eat fish only occasionally.

Have been so for about a year now.. feel so much healthier for it too!!
    There's no reason to be vitamin-deprived - so many healthy non-meat food out there! mmmmm yum yum! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Nature Boy wrote:
    I didn't realise the lacto or ovo choice would turn out to be so confusing! I expected most people to be lacto-ovo veggie (more commonly known as just veggie!) I didn't think there'd be many lacto veggies or ovo veggies so i just put them in the same option

Im a Lacto. The main reason for being on is generally there are roosters thrown n amongst chickens to hep produce more eggs. thus you get fertile eggs in the mix.

a fertile egg= life to me.

Washout wrote:
    Im a Lacto. The main reason for being on is generally there are roosters thrown n amongst chickens to hep produce more eggs. thus you get fertile eggs in the mix.

a fertile egg= life to me.

Yeah, I have to say I've gone off eggs quite a bit since becoming veggie. There's something just not right with it! I've been kinda put off dairy too, except when I'm on a cheese buzz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Nature Boy wrote:
    Yeah, I have to say I've gone off eggs quite a bit since becoming veggie. There's something just not right with it! I've been kinda put off dairy too, except when I'm on a cheese buzz!

the difference with Dairy though is that the cow ins dead/hurt when milked

• Advertisement

Washout wrote:
    the difference with Dairy though is that the cow ins dead/hurt when milked

Yeah I guess so. There still are some issues like cows being forced to give birth and never really see their calves, male calves are shot at birth, and the adult cows are generally killed at an early age.

The Irish dairy industry probably isn't terribly bad but it's probably only a matter of time before it's as bad as the UK/USA etc

Advertisement