Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative writing group

Options
  • 12-07-2006 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Does anyone know of a good creative writing group in Cork city? Or maybe be interested in setting up one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

This is the only one I'm aware of; probably good for info if nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Also many of the schools (college of commerce etc.) offer night classes from September onwards which is a great way of meeting people to set up a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I'd be interested in joining a poetry group - where people get together write/read and encourage. I don't mean heavy, arty farty, poetry done by rules but normal people who like to put pen to paper? Any groups like that? J

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I know there is one but dunno how to find it. If you pop into that gallery near the LV I'm sure you'll find a flyer or a poster for some play they've written coming up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Tigh Fili? Yeah, that's a pretty good suggestion alright. Only other place I've seen writing groups advertised is in the Library (as in, the ads are there, on the noticeboard - I've no idea where they're held), though I'm not sure if there's any going on at the moment as I havent been by there in ages...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Fysh wrote:
    Tigh Fili?

That's the one. My inner map of Cork city is way too pub focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I know Ashton do them, both in the morning time and at night, once a week, on a Thursday I think. But they're finished for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

I too would be very interested in joining a creative writing group if anyone knows of one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

me too!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Alex de Large

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out the library and Tigh Fili & maybe put up posters there myself. The people who expressed an interest in joining a group - please contact me and we'll see what we can work out. Getting a critical mass of participants together is the hardest part.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

The Munster Literature Centre on Douglas St might know of some.

By the way my email is no6@gofree.indigo.ie if anyone wants to contact me about setting up a writers group.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi - tried emailing - but experiencing probs, so easier to enter Board. I’ve been too busy to get onto site recently but if you’re starting up a group, I’d be really interested. I write a bit of quirky poetry and would love to be more inspired and encouraged, I love writing and reading others work. I’ll be heading off on holiday 29th July, not back until 13th August, so let me know any plans you have. Quick note – I could only do evenings, Tues/Thurs nights would be best for me. Keep me updated. Really appreciate the fact that you’re starting something up. As I said previously – I want to be with a group of people who are like minded and think of this as enjoyment. Talk soon. JUDES

Hey Judes,
    I'll put up a couple of posters in the next week or two & see who I can find. Evenings would suit me too. I'll keep you informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

tigh filí do the best omlette's in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I'd be interested too - just don't clash with my book club!!

Advertisement