Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another observation...

Options
  • 12-07-2006 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else just felt the urge to go into the carphone warehouse and get a new phone?

I got a new phone back in January and am still delighted with it. had no intention on changing it. However of late, I’ve found myself being magnetically being drawn into a carphone warehouse stores. I don’t want a new phone but something in my head is telling me to get one.

Then the other nite when I was getting my daily fix of BB the ads came on and I realized the show is sponsored by the carphone warehouse! Am I going mad or are the ads having an impulse buying effect on me??? Or am I smoking too much crack cocaine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Emm it just sounds like the ads are doing their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Too much crack obviously :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

heh heh those ads are gas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I love that little guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i'm off the crack. walked by a carphone warehouse last nite and nothin!

i obviously just needed to vent my problems!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Who says advertising doesn't work? :)

Just like those Talk Talk ads in previous years made me want to go to the park and join hands with lots of people to form random shapes and objects. Ok, not really.

I do quite like the Carphone Warehouse ads. They don't make me want to buy a new phone as such but the little phone in it looks very like mine, so maybe I will start getting urges to dress it up in little sunglasses and fur coats.

Maybe I should just go back to bed actually. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

crack kills

Kolodny wrote:
    Who says advertising doesn't work? :)
    I do quite like the Carphone Warehouse ads. They don't make me want to buy a new phone as such but the little phone in it looks very like mine, so maybe I will start getting urges to dress it up in little sunglasses and fur coats.

we must have the same phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Just walk into the CPW put your phone on the counter and ask the nice person working there to give your phone the star treatment. Y'know just like on the telly in your ads. They will probably say "Wha??"\tell you to fúck off out of the shop\or sell you a new battery or something you didn't need.:D :D

i want the phone that dances and poses for photo's instead of taking them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Taters

I have also felt that urge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Same here

im starting a trend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I find carphone warehouse staff to be most friendly and co-operative. I think that they do grat deals - all accross the range. They have the best range of phones and they deal with all networks. I also find their aftercare to be of the highest standards and that they have great deals available to all customers, not just those swicthing networks.

But I dont own a mobile phone so I dont know why i typed all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

*shakes head*

That reads like a shameless plug for the car phone warehouse irrespective of whether or not you own a mobile phone.

even a GO PETE or a AIS OUT would have been nice considering its in the BB Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

But I dont own a mobile phone so I dont know why i typed all that.

Got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Don't know about mobile phones, but I have 26 rolls of heavy duty black bin bags from last week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

To a certain extent the BB ads weren't really doing their jobs. lol....Most Carphone Warehouse's in Ireland didn't have the colour MOT PEBL's......Non had the Motorola L6 Red and the Blue V3 didn't come out til BB was over lol...

The Pink L6 was a phenomenon though!

Advertisement