Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

who knows a thing or two about gearboxes??!

Options
  • 12-07-2006 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Over the past month the gearbox in my car has been come stiffer and stiffer when chaging gears. Its very tough to put into first at take off and just feels very heavy and doesnt change smoothly. I literally have to slam it into gear and out of gear and sometimes when going into 3rd it crunches/grinds even though the clutch is fully in.

Any one have any ideas wat it might be , gearbox or clutch problem, what might need to be changed.

Perhaps theres not enought transmission oil ? ..theres no way to check. Somebody said its the 'Pressure Plate' on the clutch ??? ..the clutch isnt slipping at all though.

Any Ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Could be clutch, could be linkage, could also be the gearbox itself. Given the fact that you're not going to be able to fix it yourself, I'd suggest letting a mechanic take a look at it.;)

Advertisement