Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 free ball mice

Options
  • 12-07-2006 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

i know i know ball mice but hey they are free and in perfect workin order. i'll get pics if someone cares that much other than that mnah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'll take them, need a few for old PCs actually, any chance you can bring them to the beers? :D

PS - I will accept any old parts either in case anyone else is offloading, I'm going to try and assemble as many cheap pcs this summer as possible....and then not use them, ever.

But a hobby's a hobby...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

HavoK wrote:
    I'm going to try and assemble as many cheap pcs this summer as possible
    Kinda like speedcupstacking?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Havok...i may be able to help you...

may be offloading a few win98 toshiba tecra 8100 and 8200 laptops in next few weeks plus a load of old gear...I work in city centre so if your interested give me a PM,,,,No Charge btw as they are only taking up space and cost a bomb to dispose of!!

Havok...i may be able to help you...

may be offloading a few win98 toshiba tecra 8100 and 8200 laptops in next few weeks plus a load of old gear...I work in city centre so if your interested give me a PM,,,,No Charge btw as they are only taking up space and cost a bomb to dispose of!!

Dwayne, that would be superb. I will even pay you for the bother of giving them to me if you require. Thanks - sending PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Havok - I've a load of old sh1te lying in a room in my house, there's the guts of 3 or 4 pc's there, free for you to take away, but don't ask me to deliver as my callout charge is 40euro :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Dwayne I'd be interested in just one of those toshibas.
    Havok, most of the stuff i got is not working but if you want it i'll gladdly drop it out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Toy

It seems there's alot of interest in those Toshibas, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring too, they sound perfect as a Linux machine, I was tempted to install on my existing laptop but I don't want to get rid of my restore partition.

So depending on the numbers if there's one I could take off your hands you'd be helping me out!

Scavengers :rolleyes:

John, where abouts are you? :D

Timeout, I would take any parts that are working....regardless of what they are!

Looking to put a pc in most rooms in my house, wireless access everywhere, and give some people I know a PC that need don't already have one, etc...:D

Re: The stuff from Dwayne - seeing as he's giving it away for free - I can collect it all - this is of course if he can afford to give it to me :) - and gladly will distribute the stuff around to everyone here :)

Sharing is caring! :D

Well I've no problem getting into the city centre during the week, if there was one for me then it'd really make my day :)

Twould make my day too, I love anything remotely gadgety.....I'm always building computers, then putting them in the attic, never using them whatsoever, then just selling them/giving them away....so pointless, but ah sure whatever makes you happy eh? ;)

Dwayne, you may soon have a bloodbath of people fighting for your rubbish! :D

But seriously lads, I'm interested in all the old tat you have - do let me know if you can contribute!

PS - if anyone has anyway really nice they wouldn't be bothered selling but would trade: I have the following below:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=2553&cat=500

• Advertisement

I'm trying to get my hands on a few old PCs (late P3, early P4 maybe), not sure if I can but if I do then I'll essentially rape some for some ram and HD, but you'd be more than welcome to the leftovers if I do. I should know by the end of the month. I might only be able to get one (if any) so might not have spares, but if I do...

"Two free ball mice", ah, from little acorns!!

Yeah, heh. I do need some ball mice though!

Its great to see people being so generous. Today in work actually, a guy in work let me wander into stores to take some network cards, video cards, ram, etc, was very happy...now just need some more actual cases, motherboards and cpus to begin the next wave of computers! :)

Thanks for the offer toy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

HavoK wrote:
    John, where abouts are you? :D

Lower Salthill. Come and take all of it please!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

lads will have a better idea of what i will have tomorrow morning as was up the walls in work today...Will also have to pass everything by the boss just to make sure its legit etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Ok....When I first saw this thread title I thought you were offloading 2 of those elecric toy mouse and ball things. Ya know, the ones which ya switch on and the ball moves about with the furry mouse attached.

Why this was the 1st thought that entered my head I do not know. Im scared now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

may i enquire about the xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I should be able to donate that 17" CRT aswell as a case,k/b and maybe a mouse and possibly 2*~3gb HDDs. Whats the req spec for the original UT? A few of those pcs could make a nice old-skool lan setup.

Im just looking at the Starcraft box : Pentium 90, 16mb RAM, 80mb free HDD. The old C&Cs would work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Good++;

smile.gif

B00MSTICK wrote:
    I should be able to donate that 17" CRT aswell as a case,k/b and maybe a mouse and possibly 2*~3gb HDDs. Whats the req spec for the original UT? A few of those pcs could make a nice old-skool lan setup.

Im just looking at the Starcraft box : Pentium 90, 16mb RAM, 80mb free HDD. The old C&Cs would work too.

Half Life, UT and Red Alert 2 all work on highest settings on say....a 450mhz machine with 128mb ram and a 16mb gfx card. Brilliant games they still are too. That said though, my priority is building a few pcs for some people who don't even have one so not sure if I'll even get around to having a few spare for lan.... :D

Let me know about the kb/monitor - much appreciated!

Also - regarding dwaynes stuff - I am collecting tomorrow morning, and with the excess I will be PM'ing Timeout and Toy first about them since they asked about them - if they don't want it I'll start a new thread with all the free stuff in case people are interested. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i'll bring them to the beers for ya havok. hmmm me thinks we should have a sticky swap thread just for Galway.

feel the love

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

HavoK wrote:
    I'll take them, need a few for old PCs actually, any chance you can bring them to the beers? :D

PS - I will accept any old parts either in case anyone else is offloading, I'm going to try and assemble as many cheap pcs this summer as possible....and then not use them, ever.

But a hobby's a hobby...:D

http://www.cacr.caltech.edu/beowulf/tutorial/building.html

Advertisement