Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion Heater & Thermostat Important

Options
  • 12-07-2006 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Attention everyone and newbies had a plumber out today to do some "bits and pieces" asked why our immersion wasnt working properly discoverd that the f***ing thing was never connected in the first place and the wires were just hanging out of the attic also missing a "thingymajig" from on top of the immersion this is why our thermostat nver worked .Only living there since last september. Asked would he fix usual "not my job bud you need a sparks". So you should be able to heat water and not rads with thermostat i remember a thread about that a while ago. Youve been warned. Newbies get your snagger to check this.

Anyone for plumber hunting cat season is over.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

You need to pursue the builder for this. Just because you didnt find it in time for the snag list doesnt mean you have no recourse. My understanding is that you can keep going back with snags for up to one year. Structural defects for longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Manus

Cheers, the plumber said he would organise it but i wouldnt hold my breadth ,couldnt believe it SHODDY SHODDY. The amount of people who have told me they have had problems with there immersions.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

2nd time typing this, lost the last one.........anyway.... Manus the only way to get something done quickly in Durkans is to ring Fiona 2108288 every day....I had a damp wall in my bk room and since im over the year (Court 1) she kept saying it was my prob.....but after ringing her daily and being nice to her, it may be annoying but no point upsetting her cos you'll just go to the back of the list (we all do it) she sent Ger out last thurs only to discover they never sealed the outer wall between mine and nxt doors house!!! He said hed be back this wk..........so keep at it.......actually must ring her myself now - Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

just a question on this actually, i don't have a thermostat in the crescent, just a temperature knob on the boiler.

I assumed you don't have a thermostat on the immersion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Manus

The thermostat is downstairs a little dial with a light on it. The light works but the rest of it doesnt. typical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

I had the same story when i moved into the wood, they had wired up the downstairs stat to the upstairs rads and vice versa, :eek:

Advertisement