Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on finding a specific Animé needed!

Options
  • 12-07-2006 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Ok, Im tryin to find the name of the very first anime I ever saw

I only saw the last 5 mins of it. It was on BBC at about 1.45am on a Saturday night

Heres wha happened:

There was this woman [the baddy] n she had like, a rhino's body. And she was pale, and had her boobs out

And these 2 guys were fightin her, and she wounded one of them with her horn

then they beat her, and she died standing at the edge of a cliff, then it started to snow, and the camera zoomed out as the credit ran

I know its not much to go on but if you have ANY idea, please let me know cos this has been wreckin me head for years. I was it about 5/6 years ago

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Nearest thing to that ending i know is in DEVILMAN. The demon bird woman ripped off her friends head, who is a rhino, and inserts herself into his body so she is powerful enough to kill devilman. Then dies on the edge of a cliff, cant remember if there was snow. One of my favourite old style anime :p

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=578

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

http://ldf.plion.it/nagai/2nd_ova_end.jpg

Thats it!

Holy shit Carbonkid, i love yuuuuu! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Anime on BBC?
    When was this?

I think he got it mixed up with Ch4's Blue light zone on a saturday night. Remember seen it when i was a wee nipper, its what first got me into anime or manga as we called it back then ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep.. It was channel 4... they showed Legend of the 4 Kings around the same time didn't they?

Was there ever any more Devilman made? It seemed to be setting itself up for more episodes.

• Advertisement

Na you wont hear anymore of devilman. Seen Legend of the 4 Kings too...remember them turning into dragons and some fat guy always eating rare meat and getting the blood all over himself. Then there was the Doomed Megalopolis saga before that and there was some other big one i cant think of right now. Did they show the Cyber City Oedo 808 OAVs?

Yep. I think they did. And there was 3x3 Eyes too.

Oh... and Tokyo Babylon... I really liked that one actually.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was 3x3 eyes on C4 that got me into anime :)

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It was 3x3 eyes on C4 that got me into anime :)
    It was the first few parts that were great... up until the explosion in Aberdeen. I didn't think too much of the rest of it.

Tokyo Babylon was the other big one i couldnt think of last night! Keep hearing about 3x3 eyes, really need to check it out. Sometimes theres nothing better than badly dubbed old school anime on VHS! Wicked City is another good one but dont think it was on the blue light zone.

• Advertisement

I was very lucky and my local Xtravision had the whole original catalogue of Manga Video releases.

That's how I first saw Akira, they had the double video pack with the production report. Great stuff... sheesh... that would have been about 14 years ago though... I loved Project A-KO which was also out at the time, I don't think it was ever shown on TV though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I was very lucky and my local Xtravision had the whole original catalogue of Manga Video releases.

*mouth opens..closes..opens..*

damn.. I am very jealous..

Art_Wolf wrote:
    *mouth opens..closes..opens..*

damn.. I am very jealous..
    A lot of those early releases were pretty poor though....

I thought stuff like Urotsukidoji and Fist of the North Star were absolutely terrible.

Hey man i wont here anyone bitch about Urotsukidoji!!! That was a great movie...next youll be telling me you dont like bastard, which is even better :p

Don't think I know Bastard.

I found Manga Video realeased far too much stuff with ultra violence and tentacle rape back then... it ruined anime's reputation in the UK and Ireland, and I'm not sure it has fully recovered yet either as a lot of people still think that's what it's all about.

3x3 Eyes had it's fair share of tentacle naughtiness too... but at least it had an interesting storyline.

I do like the old school stuff but wont watch it very offen tbh. Be cool if Ch4 did the blue light zone again but with likes of GITS and blood.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I won't have anyone slag off Fist of the North Star. For pure cheesy hilarity it can't be beaten.

I only really watched 3x3 eyes for the gore. Myself and my mates used to sit around laughing at how over the top it was.

I remember when the BBC started showing anime late at night. Stayed up late to get some more over the top gore. Didn't get gore but after initial disappointments was pleasantly surprised by the excellent Patlabor and wonderful Wings of Honneamise.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    disappointments was pleasantly surprised by the excellent Patlabor and wonderful Wings of Honneamise.
    There was a completely gratuitous attempted rape scene in Wings Honneamise... although that was possibly cut out in the version that BBC showed.

I loved the Patlabor films.. the first one is a great detective mystery story and second one is a brilliant political thriller.

That scene was cut in the version I've seen. It's a shame that they put that scene in it because it kind of sullies what is an fantastic film.

I'll have to get a subtitled or fansubbed version of Patlabor 2. The dubbed manga version I have is awfully translated and doesn't make much sense. I did like the way that all the political situations in the film are based on actual events.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Decay666

LOL Devilman the ****ness of it made it great.
    After the rino thing dies how the **** did it get too the cliff at the end credits.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement