Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Present for 57 year old lady keenly interested in 'spirituality'

Options
  • 12-07-2006 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

I would like to get a nice present for a 58 year old lady with a keen interste in spirritaulity.

This especially includes Reiki. she is a reiki master and integrated energy therapy.

MM

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Some of the Shops you could try:
    Yellow Brick Road
    The House Of Astrology
    The Angel Shop

For smaller gifts:

There's lots of CDs available, with relaxing, meditative Reiki styled music, some specificall for Reiki, some not (I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference either way). I'd generally just buy and download music online, so I'm not sure what'd be available in the shops, I'm sure the guys in the shops can recommend something, and these kind of shops live off word of mouth so they'll do their best to sell you something you'll be happy with instead of trying to off-load slow moving stock on to you. Books would be another good option, there's a huge range available in the shops, so again ask in the shop for advice (it'll help if you have some idea of what subjects the person you're buying for would be interested in). Scented candles, inscense, burning oils etc, maybe even an inscense/oil burner. Crystals are another possibility, some people think it's a good idea, some would say it isn't, I think in general if someone is planning on using a crystal as a tool they should pick it themselves, but if it's just for wearing around then it's probably ok.

The first two shops above have a variety of bigger stuff aswell, that you'd really need to go into the shops to see for yourself. I've never been in the Angel Shop in Dun Laoighre but I've heard it's bigger than the other two with a wider range of stuff. I;d like to be able to tell you to just buy XYZ, but tbh there's such a wide range of possibilities, you'd really have to know the person you're buying for. I'm sure though if you put some time into browsing the 3 sites above (I'm sure there's another I should add too but can't think of it for now), and if you have the time go into each of the shops and have a look around, you'll find the perfect item(s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

"Auld pine"
    georges st arcade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Got a present of a weeks Yoga retreat in Kerry in the end. Thanks all.

Advertisement