Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English MA

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭secrecy_ie

To Darth Insidiari,
    Hey hon, was just flicking around boards and stumbled across your thread, how are ya? If you tried ringing me last friday I was in bed with a terrible hangover, hope you enjoyed Superman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

rain on wrote:
    ucd or trinity i guess. depends what my proposal ends up being about.

This be the hard part alrite. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 darth insidiari

I still haven't heard anything back. I'm gonna ring again on Monday but I'm not hopeful that Helen Gallagher will actually be there for once. I emailed Anne Fogarty today but obviously don't expect a reply until Monday at the earliest. If anybody know's anybody who applied for the Early Modern MA do let me know as it would put my mind (slightly) at ease. My main worry is they wont run it at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

So far some American and Anglo-Irish people have heard, word is that 5 people have got a place in Medieval this year but who they are is still a mystery (damn them!) and I have no idea about anything else. If that helps at all. As soon as I find anything out, I'll pop it up here, but hey, holding your breath might not be the best idea.

I just found out I'm in! Mystery solved! Thanks all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭postgrad

Are any MAs in English living in Glenomena? Or have you lived there? I applied for housing but am wondering what it's like. SInce I'm overseas it's a bit hard to know where to look otherwise, but hopefully oncampus accommodations aren't bad for post-grads.

I haven't lived there but a friend of mine has. In general I've heard it's really nice. It looks nice from the outside. Quite a bit more comfortable looking than the undergrad accomodation (which is also pretty good I think). The only bad thing I've heard is that there's no proper oven. Just a microwave and hob. But I'm sure it's possible to work around that. I think those residences now have wireless which is pretty cool. Here's a useful link:

http://www.ucd.ie/residences/glenomena.html

This has details of the Glenomena res. It's right on campus near buildings like Admin, Arts block, etc... which are right in the middle of campus. It seems like a good place to live.

Advertisement