Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SDLP Flag Watch

Options
  • 12-07-2006 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

The SDLP has launched a new campaign to enable members of the public to report illegal flags- I've put full details here:

SDLP Flag Watch article

Despite new laws being introduced several years ago, flags celebrating the UDA/UFF, UVF etc. are still commonplace across the north. There needs to be a concerted effort to pressure the authorities to take action. For instance, a UDA/UFF banner in a mixed area of Belfast was featured on the front page of the Irish News last week- it is still there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

[sarcasm]
    tut, tut
    Sounds like intolerance, tribalism and bigotry to me.
    I mean, why shouldn't folks be able to celebrate their "culture"? [/sarcasm]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 I disagree

The RUC/PSNI are the ones who have to take these down yet they don't. Typical.

Advertisement