Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Grrr pulled over by guards this morning!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Cyrus wrote:
    i like to get into lane before the last second?

With all due respect, this has got to be one of the most lame excuses I have heard to date. We're talking about 200 yards here!! You deliberately and for no good reason drove in the bus lane, and you got caught. Pay the fine and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,901 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sleipnir wrote:
    Oh balls. They don't care for the first two points at least.
    Hibernian do. They dress it up as a "points-free discount", but in reality it means loading people with one point. There's no possible justification for this on the basis of risk, it's just profiteering.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

ninja900 wrote:
    Hibernian do. They dress it up as a "points-free discount", but in reality it means loading people with one point. There's no possible justification for this on the basis of risk, it's just profiteering.

There kind of is a justification on the basis of risk, as it gives their existing customers an added incentive not to do things that might get them points.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anan1 wrote:
    With all due respect, this has got to be one of the most lame excuses I have heard to date. We're talking about 200 yards here!! You deliberately and for no good reason drove in the bus lane, and you got caught. Pay the fine and move on.

thank you father sorry i have sinned please pray for me so that i can become perfect like you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

delly wrote:
    You can't get points for driving in the buslane, so theres no lucky about it, it doesn't qualify. It amazes me that people still don't know what you can gets points for, despite the amount of press coveage :rolleyes:.

Failure to comply with traffic lane markings. 1 Point
    Failure to comply with prohibitory traffic signs. 1 Point
    Gardaí have the choice.
    It amazes me that people still don't know what counts as either traffic lane markings or prohibitory traffic signs. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i doubt gardai have a choice, why should they, the law is the law, they just enforce it.

http://www.transport.ie/upload/general/7424-1.pdf

this appears to suggest that there is a fixed fine for driving in a bus lane, and i owuld imagine if one were to get points for such an offence, bringing the attached to court would get you off pretty quickly

Cyrus wrote:
    thank you father sorry i have sinned please pray for me so that i can become perfect like you ;)

If you were to actually read my posts before replying to them then you'd be aware that I've been caught there myself. Difference is, I didn't try to defend the indefensible.;)

i know im only pulling your leg! ive gotten over my original indignation at this stage anyway

seriously tho i was honestly just taking the left, i dunno if i have ever used that jn before, i certainly wasnt aware of how little of the lane you are allowed use, i know now tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Theres a few odd junctions around where the bus lane doesn't really end and there practically no break for turning left. With the inconsistancy of the road markings its easy to get caught out if you are not familar. We all make mistakes.
    That said 200yrs is a long way down. To quote the bard...

"...doth protest too much, methinks."

No points so really not much to complain about in fairness.

Advertisement