Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat recovery units

Options
  • 12-07-2006 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,
    we haven't sealed all our walls yet and I have now decided that we should try and fit in a heat recovery system for ventilation purposes. However, we don't have the cash at the moment for the unit but may have in a couple of months. Is it possible to put in the ducting and then buy a unit and if it is, where would I get the ducting and are there different types?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Eve
    we have a HRV made by temovex, scanhome sell them and they are very well made units, I would install ductwork if you can but you really need to have a system designed properly for instance our house has a mix of 100, 125 and 160mm tubes according to what the different rooms are used for.
    The larger sizes are used for extracting and feeding rooms with heavy usage and the 100mm for low volume rooms.
    Our pipes are spiral wound Galvanised but I have heard of people using 100mm wavin sewer pipe and the grey flexible pipe with a coil spring.
    If you can fit the ducting it would be the best thing as it will allow retrofitment of an HRV unit at a later date rather than trying to mess about with retrofitting ducting which is a pain at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

Hi CJ

What is your primary heat source for the house? I am going to put in a HRV and heat the air. The house is 3400 sq ft but only has heat requirement of 9 kwH.
    If you could be interested in what the system cost you. If you dont mind could send them to me on private.

Aiden

Advertisement