Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

one for the future

• 12-07-2006 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭

got these sent to me today. Hopefully it wasn't posted before.

The kid in the video is Nikon Jevtic. He's only 12 and from Serbia. The clips are not unlike watching some of the Zidane tributes we've all watched in the run up to the world cup.

Video 1 (1 1/2 mins)

Video 2 (10 mins)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

clown bag wrote:

The kid in the video is Nikon Jevtic. He's only 12 and from Serbia. The clips are not unlike watching some of the Zidane tributes we've all watched in the run up to the world cup.

Video 1 (1 1/2 mins)

Video 2 (10 mins)
    he does look very promising.

Just after signing for Hamburg, or Shalke, can't remember which - his older brother plays for them too. United were apparently interested in him til he signed for the germany side. He used to be on the books at Arsenal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

he;s signed to Shalke, looks good so far but remember Manyoo paid something like 4 million for a 15 year old Mads Timm, not he's playing in league one and instead of playing for denmark he is capped by zimbabwe, hope it goes well for him and he doesnt end up as another Cherno Samba.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Seaneh wrote:
    he;s signed to Shalke, looks good so far but remember Manyoo paid something like 4 million for a 15 year old Mads Timm, not he's playing in league one and instead of playing for denmark he is capped by zimbabwe, hope it goes well for him and he doesnt end up as another Cherno Samba.
    wasn't Timm released for racing his car with another trainee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

clown bag wrote:

Video 1 (1 1/2 mins)

Video 2 (10 mins)

looking very promising for his age!! Impressive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wasn't Timm released for racing his car with another trainee?
    Nope, he was sent to prison for his part in the accident which lead to the death or serious injury of a pedistrian. United, however, did not release him. He was sent on loan to Lyn (John Obi Mikel's former club) last season, i am not sure if he has been loaned out, released, sold or kept this summer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

He was released and is back playing with Odensk in Denmark.

Emmo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Meh, yet another Lamptey/Adu/Whoever whose proudest moments will come in the shape of grainy short clips on youtube.
    Why don't these 'stars of the future' ever feature goalkeepers or centre-halves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

They are too busy doing the donkey work to pose for the camera.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ha ha. :D Watch the second clip 40 seconds in. If ever there was a C Ronaldo in the making!! 30 seconds of fancy tricks and flicks and then he balloons it over the bar of an open goal.

Having said that though, he does look quite impressive, but he's only 12 so we'll waut and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

looks quite impressive but remember there are lots of kids like this, its how they progress thats the hard part. I remember when Chelsea signed the next pele (said so by pele himself) and he turned out to be crap. Leon Knight now playing for Brighton I believe.

As for the question of where are all the defenders and goal keepers relax. Maldini jnr the 3rd in the generation has just completed his first season in the Milan academy and seems to have inherited his fathers patented running stop a freight train sliding tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

what ever happened to freddie adu??

i remember in championship manager 4 himself and the godlike fabio piam were always my first purchases (14 and 13 yrs old respectively). And if a computerised football simulation has thought me anything, which it hasn't, it's that these guys will be the next big thing in real life. this and the fact that i am destined to guide betis to 3 (and counting) consecutive la liga and the champions league trophies. in your face redz and n04.

yeah, so, freddie adu... what happened to him :confused:

::edit:::

weren't arsenal or chelsea interested in this guy at one stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

i remember in championship manager 4 himself and the godlike fabio piam were always my first purchases (14 and 13 yrs old respectively). And if a computerised football simulation has thought me anything, which it hasn't, it's that these guys will be the next big thing in real life. this and the fact that i am destined to guide betis to 3 (and counting) consecutive la liga and the champions league trophies. in your face redz and n04.

yeah, so, freddie adu... what happened to him :confused:

::edit:::

weren't arsenal or chelsea interested in this guy at one stage?
    Playing with DC United in the MLS. Got his first senior cap for the US in January and caused raised eyebrows when not selected for the US world cup team. Also see here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

And he also ran Celtic ragged yesterday, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Freddy Adu hasn't gone away. Still only 17 for god sake and playing for DC. Bags of talent but has the size and strenght of Saviola. From when I seen him on Bravo looks to be a fantastic prospect but needs to bulk up, way to easily pushed off the ball.

As far as I know and someone please correct me if i'm wrong here but due to him coming through the US "Sawker" youth system there is a ruling in there that he is not allowed leave or be sold until he is 19.

Advertisement