Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo V / S 40 Diesel ...engine?

Options
  • 12-07-2006 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

The Volvo 1.9 diesel ...what make is the engine on that again?

The 2.5 TD was VW/VAG ...know that much ...but what about the 1.9?

VAG? or somink else?

Thanks sages !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's a Renault unit as far as I know. 102hp

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Ahhh ...thanks ...that would put a bit of a damper on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote:
    That's a Renault unit as far as I know. 102hp

There were two version, the old 102bhp version and from about 2000/2001 a 115bhp version which wasn't that bad, granted old by today's diesel standards.

Most engines in the old S40/V40 were either made by Renault or Mitsubishi as it was built in Holland along side the Mitsubishi Carisma.

Never warmed to them, not great to look at, 1.6's 1.8's or diesels very sluggish, and not that nice to drive. older ones cheap enough now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is it a detuned version of th e1.9 130bhp engine that renault uses in its cars? or a different unit?

• Advertisement

double post, dont know how that happened :D

I think it was an older generation Renault unit. Laguna 1 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A bit better than a Mitsubishi Carisma though. :D

I assume this is some sort of long(ish) standing engine swapping partnership? Seeing as my safrane has the 2.5 petrol engine from the V70 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just had a look at Parker's ...its out anyway ...no way will I fit three dogs into that boot ...it has "holes" either side behind the wheel well ..what's that all about?

Never mind ...

*still on the hunt for the perfect estate for little money*

• Advertisement

Yeah, Volvo will use just about any engine that fits! (Renault, Peugeot,Ford/PSA Mitsubishi, Yamaha, Volkswagen,) and it's not just the modern Volvos, the 240 had a diesel engine from VW, and the 264 had a peugeot engine. the 440 had the 1.9TD from the Renault 19. The S40 had mitsubishi and Renault engines.
    The XC90 uses a Yamaha developed 3.4 Duratec engine originally used in the Ford Taurus.

Advertisement