Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom Netopia Wireless Problem

• 12-07-2006 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    There's a good few of my mates having this issue, as well as myself so I said I'd ask here. They all have broadband with Eircom, which means they have those Netopia ADSL modems, which have wireless. Now, they're all using WEP (not the smartest thing to be using, I know, but it works for them) but between the hours of say 11pm and 8am they can connect to the AP, with their WEP key, but they won't be issued an IP by the router, even though DHCP is enabled in the router and on the clients connecting. If they are connected to the AP before 11pm everything is fine, but once 11pm hits, their packet loss increases to 100% and the router just ignores them. Everyone of them has tried rebooting the Netopia routers but to no avail. Has anyone experienced similar problems? All 5 of them are using:

Netopia Model 3347NWG Wireless DSL Ethernet Switch
    Running Netopia SOC OS version 7.4.2 (build r2)

so maybe it could be a problem with this model?

Any ideas before I give eircom a shout?

Cheers!

P.S using a static ip doesn't help either

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Are they all in the same building or area? It could be that some piece of electrical equipment is going live between those times and that is what is screwing it up.

It is worth trying out the routers at a completely different location.

Also, try changing the channel.

Advertisement