Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what the f**k are Smart at ?

• 12-07-2006 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

hi all, i have to vent my absolute and total anger and disbelief at what i believe to be an utter disgrace, having been signed up for Smart bb since feb 2005 and having been repeatedly told to wait for the coming service to the rathedmund exchange in Sligo ( in person on the phone by a Smart rep named Stephen ) when i checked for the latest news on their website i now find out that Sligo is no longer on their build programme at all, i am livid, all this time i waited when i could have been moving on to some other provider i waited and waited, and now its like they are saying i and i presume others who registered are not worth their efforts, i have e-mailed smart with my utter disgust and hope to get an honest reply as to why this has come about,

Garfield if you read this maybe you would be kind enough to pm me and shed some light.

voyager :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Tralee, Drogheda, Dundalk and Ennis have all been changed from the Network Build programme 2006 to "This exchange is not on the Smart Broadband Network Build Programme." Smart are really not doing themselves any favours by making promises and not being able to fulfill any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Exactly the same thing has happened to the Ballyboden exchange in Dublin - was on the 2006 network build program, but is now not on the build programme at all :( Oh well, I'm just glad I didn't wait for them and went with BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

I thought it was a bit of a contradiction alright last year when Smart sponsored the Rose of Tralee, even though they have absolutely no services there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

What exchanges are STILL in the 2006 build programme , I see Letterkenny is live ...or has it been live for ages ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sponge Bob wrote:
    What exchanges are STILL in the 2006 build programme , I see Letterkenny is live ...or has it been live for ages ???
    Live for ages.
    As of 3rd of April
    Live exchanges:
    Crown Alley, Coolock, Clontarf, Dolphins Barn, North Main, Summerhill, Beggars Bush, Nangor Road, Ship St, Walkinstown, Whitehall, Santry, Churchfield, Quaker Rd, Dennehys Cross, Wellington Rd, Cork Central, Galway HPO, Mervue, Shantalla, Letterkenny, Roches St, Castletroy, Dooradoyle.

Next exchanges (in no particular order)
    Merrion, Ballydowd, Tallaght, Nutley, Dundalk, Waterford Central, Waterford Tycor. More info as soon as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I see Cabra exchange in dublin has been taken off also.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Tallaght has gone live recently afaik?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

and blanch has had no progress to ! eventhough they said it would be live by August last year!

WTF do they spend so much on advertising when they have nothing to offer!!

Drapper wrote:
    and blanch has had no progress to ! eventhough they said it would be live by August last year!
    I thought Blanchardstown was a big no no according to Garfield because their fiber was on the wrong side of the M50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

Update!!! , got a reply to my e-mail from Stephen @ smart and apparently sligo is to be activated by the end of the summer, i will wait and see and hope for the best. (hopefully its this summer).

voyager ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Seems like Ballincollig is off the build programme too, gone from August 05, to Build Programme 05, to Build Programme 06, to Not on the Build Programme! Slippidy slip slide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Your phone number 506***** is serviced by the TULLAMORE exchange.
    This exchange is not on the Smart Broadband Network Build Programme.

Flip-flopping! Argghhhhhhh!!!!!
    Cockknockers! Off to UTV so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Priory Park, Dublin (Stillorgan area) off the list too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

stiofanD wrote:
    Exactly the same thing has happened to the Ballyboden exchange in Dublin - was on the 2006 network build program, but is now not on the build programme at all

Ditto:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Athlone is gone also, ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Dun Laoghaire exchange 01-280xxxx has also gone from being on this years (previously last years) build to not on any upgrade plan at all.

I'm on the Roachestown exchange 01-285xxxx near Dun Laoghaire (along with a few other 1000 houses) and it's never been on the build, nor has Shankill (282) or Bray (286) if I'm not mistaken.o

I can imagine the mentality. "Ah sure don't they have the Luas and the Dart out there. They're spoilt with all forms of infrastructure already!"

ntl & Smart have always neglected this area.
    Thankfully I've stable 3 meg broadband with BT, but it fascinates me that Smart do so much advertising for a product that isn't available to so much of the capital's populus. I know alot of people in Dublin. Maybe 1/10th of them can get it. None of them are in my extended family.
    A joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GregusManus

Personally I blame Eircom, thet wont or fight to the end to keep Smart out of the Exchanges.

And Even once Smart have equipement in the exhange, Eircom are rather stubborn to handle your line over to Smart.

Personally I blame Eircom, thet wont or fight to the end to keep Smart out of the Exchanges.

And Even once Smart have equipement in the exhange, Eircom are rather stubborn to handle your line over to Smart.
    No one is in any doubt that Eircom are at fault for most of the delays. The problem that is that people are not being kept informed or updated by Smart and that's a Smart problem. It's only by chance that people are finding out about delays and cancellations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Naas is gone from the build program too. It was Aug 05, then 05, then 06.
    But I ws told about a month ago that Naas wouldn't be done this year anyway.

Moved to Chorus last week and don't think I'll look back. 6Mb:512Kb for €40 [40GB cap :(] is hard to give up.

Advertisement