Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bow down to the almighty...

• 12-07-2006 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

...Hiroaki Tagawa!!!

Holy F*CK!!! :eek:

Note: watch the whole thing, it drags a bit til two and a half minutes, and there's a gem in the last few seconds too!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

the main riff is ****in sexy.. and why the hell does he play with his hand over the fetboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Cool, thats nuts. Anyone else compare it to the old home improvement theme???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

That baffled me too... I guess it would seem to make more sense if you have the dexterity...

I imagine he just picked up a guitar one day and loved the idea and created his own technique!

I wanna know how he managed those sweeps at the end though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

I wanna know how he managed those sweeps at the end though!

overhand sweeps are suprisingly easier than you might think, well, the basic one he plays anyway.

Theres nothing wrong with playing over hand and its impressive to play a whole song like that anyway.

and yeah i did get the hint of Home Improvement in there!

great the way he never once played in the wrong place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

That guy is amazing.

Although, I can't help but wonder if he knows guitars aren't usually played that way . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Man, that is so horrible. The tone, the corny backing track...yuck

yeah, its terrible...sure...its not amazing then that a totally blind person learned to play guitar to that standard and put together a "corney backing track". Christ, some people have issues! stop trying to find faults in everything for christs sake!

Let's hear your masterpieces then.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

None of you young uns remember Jeff Healy? :confused:

To be honest, no...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Probably the most famous blind guitarist of recent times, he was pretty big around the late 80's/early 90's, fantastc player.

I'll be sure to check him out!

Doctor J wrote:
    None of you young uns remember Jeff Healy? :confused:

Amazing talent, have you heard his version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps?

yeah, its terrible...sure...its not amazing then that a totally blind person learned to play guitar to that standard and put together a "corney backing track". Christ, some people have issues! stop trying to find faults in everything for christs sake!

Yes I have issues because I don't like it. It's an opinion mate, chill out.

Yes I have issues because I don't like it. It's an opinion mate, chill out.

There are plenty of peices of work which i dont like, but i can still recognise the talent and skill involved in the writing, playing, and production of it, and respect it for that. instead of dismissing it like a closed minded fool and making myself look like an arrogant idiot.

There are plenty of peices of work which i dont like, but i can still recognise the talent and skill involved in the writing, playing, and production of it, and respect it for that. instead of dismissing it like a closed minded fool and making myself look like an arrogant idiot.
    Seconded, with an angry face.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Well if he doesnt like it or find it impressive then thats grand tis only an opinion
    ..but maybe we need to find a one armed, one legged guitar player in order for him to be "impressed". :p

Anywho yeah that guy is fantastic
    and maybe he plays above the fretboard because its easier to know where to place his fretting hand ?
    It seems to me like he uses his little finger for guidance on the fret board.

It seems to me like he uses his little finger for guidance on the fret board.

Yeah i noticed that alright, he hardly ever really uses it, just keeps it in a sort of base position as location reference for whatever he plays.

When you think about it really, Im sure most of the guitar players out there can play without looking at the actually guitar, its still impressive, so it's only REALLY impressive if he has been blind all of his life and learned to play without being able to see the instrument or any examples. Does anyone know if he was born blind or what?

Advertisement