Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mustang in Capel Street

Options
  • 13-07-2006 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭

Just spotted this in Capel Street on my way home from work. While I prefer the classic mustang, this just looked amazing in the flesh. Huge and gleaming!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

There's a black 06 one parked outside the Coffee Bean on haddington road most mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

That rear side window must have been designed by a blind man, though....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

blastman wrote:
    That rear side window must have been designed by a blind man, though....

Or worse - An American!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

nialler wrote:
    There's a black 06 one parked outside the Coffee Bean on haddington road most mornings.

May be the same one that heads towards ranelagh from rathmines most mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I've seen it around the canal a few times near baggot st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

nialler wrote:

I saw a black 06 one at the airport a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

American indicators, (Red) and I see only 1 exhaust pipe, must be a V6?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

i rented one for three days in cape cos last summer and loved it. it was a soft-top with cream leather interior. it handles like a wet matress, is very plasticky, isn't fast at all (for a 4.0l V6) and i bloody loved it :) I'm going back in a month, i'll have to see if i can save enough between now and then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

It's a sin to drive a V6 mustang preilly, save harder and get a V8 goddammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Slinky>

We rented a V6 soft top for a week to drive around boston & cape cod, it was really comfortable but handled like a wheel barrow and wasnt much quicker,My old 2litre FTO was much quicker. It was only €325 from hertz for the week,
    Hertz had 3 shelby mustangs out front for $150 a day (500BHP AFIK) im not sure if they were rev/output restricted as I cant imagine it being very intelligent to let an american who's used to a 6 litre 200bhp 'Truck' out in one of those. I kinda regret not getting one now, Ill look up the pictures tonight

If you plan on getting one make sure you ring them in advance and tell them its you 'really' want the mustang, if you look at the small print it normally says 'or similar' you dont want to end up with a serbring or something

When we went to collect it they didnt have one for us and offered an 'upgrade' to some barge, eventually we settled on a hard top mustang and just as we were driving out in it we seen the soft top driving in and went back to collect it.

The V8 looks better and sounds an awful lot better, V6 sounded like a hairdryer

• Advertisement

dubtom wrote:
    It's a sin to drive a V6 mustang preilly, save harder and get a V8 goddammit.

I tried really hard and couldnt get a V8 only seen the shelby as we were returning the V6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Slinky> wrote:
    Hertz had 3 shelby mustangs out front for $150 a day (500BHP AFIK) im not sure if they were rev/output restricted as I cant imagine it being very intelligent to let an american who's used to a 6 litre 200bhp 'Truck' out in one of those.

Back in the 60's hertz bought some shelby GT350's and hired them unrestricted,needless to say a lot of them were thrashed on race tracks.An original would be worth a lot of money now, chances are that they won't restrict their shelbys, but may be only rented to preferred customers.Would be nice to rent one though.

Im male 26 on an Irish licence and it seemed like they would give me one alright, My only concern was the quality of the freeway it was surprisingly bumpy at certain times and 400 odd RWHP and a bumpy road could end in tears, Im guessing they have T/c? Our V6 hairdryer did

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

I rented the Convertible as well in California and loved it. I'm open to correction on this but as far as I know Hertz only have the V6 on thier fleet in the US. The only V8 is the GT-H which was only introduced recently. I always got good value booking through the Hertz section on the Aer Lingus Website..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

There is a 06-WX reg black Mustang Convertible near Wexford town.

Advertisement