Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote access for free

Options
  • 13-07-2006 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi i'am using a tool to remote desktop from my work to my home pc which is behid a Nat.
    www.logmein.com its great but you have to pay monthly subscription to use it once the trials up .

was looking at circumventor not sure if this works tried didnt work

any simalar software that can be used that is free and not trial ware etc..

I know this is akward as well but is there software that does the same for networks tied down to port 80 only . was looking at remote access java scripts but not enough education on this type of software pls feel free with info regarding the issue thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Hamachi + (openvnc or remote desktop in xp)

I use for this at the moment as i dont like the idea of exposing openvnc to the world or any ras soft.

Another option may be openvpn + dyndns + (openvnc or remote desktop in xp)

Depends on ur needs. You will need to clear this with ur work as they will get upset if its against policy.

As for jscript vpn?? never herd of it could u post links or more info im curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

theMildew wrote:
    www.logmein.com its great but you have to pay monthly subscription to use it once the trials up
    It's only a subscription service if you keep the Pro service. They also have LogMeIn Free which, as it suggests, is free forever.

And while I've got your attention you could also have a look at www.foldershare.com for remote file access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

I know this is akward as well but is there software that does the same for networks tied down to port 80 only . was looking at remote access java scripts but not enough education on this type of software pls feel free with info regarding the issue thanks[/QUOTE]

I use Hamachi.. works great just like a local network view documents open folders even share printers.. download it at www.hamachi.cc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 presidentbaltar

I know this thread is a bit old but I just wanted to reiterate to the OP that you only have to pay the monthly fee to use Logmein Pro after the trial. Logmein Free is just that, and about the only differences are that Free doesn't include file transfer or remote printing. I use Free every day just about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 presidentbaltar

Woah. Interestingly enough, after both these programmes were mentioned in this thread, Logmein just purchased Hamachi. Interesting, to say the least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Woah. Interestingly enough, after both these programmes were mentioned in this thread, Logmein just purchased Hamachi. Interesting, to say the least!
    i guess my 10 euro a month IT Reach pack is going to go alot further now :)

Advertisement