Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old games & framerates

Options
  • 13-07-2006 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Is there any was to slow down the frame rates of older games? Specifically I'm trying to play F1 Racing Simulator from Ubisoft and it's like playing some kind of Benny Hill game...

I found lots of programs that do it in DOS but nothing for windows games, anyone know what I can use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Have a gawk around home of the underdogs. They will usually have some sort of guide to running games at the correct frame rate. Otherwise have a check and see if there is a setting in the graphics menu where you can specify fps or else a console where you can enter a command to do the same.

I've had this happen to myself a few times and sometimes there's nothing that can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you need something like a program called "CPU killer", i know it sounds dramatic. But what it does is turn down the clock of your CPU. Just keep turning it down until you can play the game normally. I had to do it to play worms, UFO:Enemy unkown and Red Alert

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If it has an option to use vsync that might do the trick. You might also be able to force that through your graphics drivers (pretty sure nvidia ones can anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

The only way I could get the framerate of syndicate wars and exhumed to playable and smooth rates was using cpu killer, thumbs up for cpu killer.

Advertisement