Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3Pay free Credit, was I told porkies?

• 13-07-2006 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Bought a 6280 on 3pay from a 3g store there about 6 weeks ago. I asked about free credit at the time and was told €10 free at the start and then if I topped up by at least €10 a month 3 would match that with €10 for 6 months. Now I havent recieved any free credit and checked the 3ireland website and there is no mention of this free credit. I'm starting to think the guy was talking rubbish, any one know about this? The guy wasn't the brightest anywayhe told me 3 don't have their own 3g network and just use vodafones 3g network. Also on a separate issue just found out they only have roaming to the U.K on 3pay thats not much use(friend livin in spain and cant txt him), starting to feel like going back to vodafone, looks like I cant unlock the phone though according to another thread :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Arathorn wrote:
    The guy wasn't the brightest anywayhe told me 3 don't have their own 3g network and just use vodafones 3g network.
    3 dont have their own network, they piggyback on vodafones existing network

I haven't heard anything about 3 offering free credit so Id say you've been had buddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I was told free credit as well when I got one in XtraVision

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

GaRtH_V wrote:

I haven't heard anything about 3 offering free credit so Id say you've been had buddy!

I thought 3 had their own 3g network but when there is no 3g coverage they piggyback on vodafones 2g network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

If you top up by at least Eur 10 every month Three give you an extra 10 free. This is applied the month after so if you top up on 4th July you must top up the 4th august then you get the 4th july credit on 4th or 5th august. So if you havnt got it call Three!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I have the same problem, still haven't received my 10 EUR free credit after topping up 10 EUR. Called 3 up and they said it should have come in at the end of each month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

GaRtH_V wrote:

what are you talking about? dont talk about stuff you dont know about

yes of course 3 have their own network in fact the have the biggest 3G coverage in ireland its only when your not in 3G coverage you go onto vodafones network for the 2g/2.5g coverage thats all still same prices etc

as for the credit issue once you top up you should receive your €10 the man in the 3G store wasnt lying but you shouldnt go to a vodafone 3G store for help like he said

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

1huge1 wrote:
    what are you talking about? dont talk about stuff you dont know about

yes of course 3 have their own network in fact the have the biggest 3G coverage in ireland its only when your not in 3G coverage you go onto vodafones network for the 2g/2.5g coverage thats all still same prices etc

I believe you also sometimes use vodafones 3G network when there's no 3 3G coverage....either way 3 certainly do have their own network,

Great to see that GaRtH_V has doen some excellent research on this subject. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Arathorn wrote:
    Bought a 6280 on 3pay from a 3g store there about 6 weeks ago. I asked about free credit at the time and was told €10 free at the start and then if I topped up by at least €10 a month 3 would match that with €10 for 6 months. Now I havent recieved any free credit and checked the 3ireland website and there is no mention of this free credit. I'm starting to think the guy was talking rubbish, any one know about this? The guy wasn't the brightest anywayhe told me 3 don't have their own 3g network and just use vodafones 3g network. Also on a separate issue just found out they only have roaming to the U.K on 3pay thats not much use(friend livin in spain and cant txt him), starting to feel like going back to vodafone, looks like I cant unlock the phone though according to another thread :mad:

you do get credit. phone three and ask whats happening with it. but you might want to wait a few days because of the mumbai thing

3 do have their own 3g network (72% coverage by population at the last count), but they don't have a 2g network. that must have been what the guy meant. if you switch your phone to gsm in dublin you don't get any coverage because they don't have the deal with vodafone there.

and you can't unlock the phone i'm afraid. give them a while to sort it out. they only brought out 3 pay a few months ago. meteor only got proper roaming last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

give them a while to sort it out. they only brought out 3 pay a few months ago. meteor only got proper roaming last year!

Well commander Vimes you are correct on everything except the above!! Three's roaming on contract is still rubbish and costs a bomb, also you still cant text other countries as they do not have text agreements with the majority of major EU operators. I know from experience. I have to use my VF phone for texting UK/GREECE/FRANCE/GERMANY etc...if they do have a texting agreement its with a 2nd class operator. when I called Three last August they said it would be a matter of weeks before the agreements were in place but thus far Im still waiting , so what hope is there for Threepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

From the 3ireland website :

* €10 credit included with your new mobile, which you can use for voice, text, video or any of our Planet3 services (this initial credit has a 60-day expiry period).
    * €10 credit if you bring your existing mobile number with you to 3.
    * Up to €60 extra credit (if you top-up by a minimum of €10 every 30 days from activation, we’ll give you €10 extra credit each month for 6 months)*

* €10 credit included with mobile (60-day expiry period applies). €10 credited if you bring your existing mobile number to 3 and up to €60 extra credit if you top-up by a minimum of €10 every 30 days from activation (€10 extra credit each month for first 6 months). €10 credit will be credited into your account to use on 3 services shortly after each 30 day period. Terms apply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

if you switch your phone to gsm in dublin you don't get any coverage because they don't have the deal with vodafone there.

I was on 2G coverage in Dublin last week with my 3 phone, so I don't think that's correct. It might apply to most of Dublin.

you must mean dublin county like the furthest away from any town ya? i dont know of anywere in the city that dosnt have 3G coverage
    were abouts were you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Dellas wrote:
    Well commander Vimes you are correct on everything except the above!! Three's roaming on contract is still rubbish and costs a bomb, also you still cant text other countries as they do not have text agreements with the majority of major EU operators. I know from experience. I have to use my VF phone for texting UK/GREECE/FRANCE/GERMANY etc...if they do have a texting agreement its with a 2nd class operator. when I called Three last August they said it would be a matter of weeks before the agreements were in place but thus far Im still waiting , so what hope is there for Threepay.
    my point was that meteor took about 5 years to get the roaming sorted out. roaming agreements take time. and i know all about the texting problem. i texted my friend in germany last week (he was only a few streets away) and he got the text every ten minutes for a day. it was hilarious. but i take your point. they should have it sorted by now really
    Blaster99 wrote:
    I was on 2G coverage in Dublin last week with my 3 phone, so I don't think that's correct. It might apply to most of Dublin.

where in dublin? i was in dublin 15 at the time. i got a program called net monitor that lets you turn off the dual mode setting and select only 2g, a feature 3 have disabled. when i put it on 2g i got no coverage. maybe they still have the roaming aggreement in the outskirts of dublin

@1huge1, i was talking about 2g coverage. they have 3g all over dublin

my mistake i misread the post

Advertisement