Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorola V3x

• 13-07-2006 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

i'm thinking of getting the motorola v3x and i was wondering if anyone else has it or knows if it worth getting? i've looked at it online and it looks good, but i've a history of gettin phones and then finding out they are not as good as they first looked. so any feed back would be much appreciated! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I've a V3 and think the V3X is a terrible phone. It feels so plasticiky. The V3 is ok but I wouldn't buy another, the Motorola interface is slow and missing some basic functionality. IMO. As a basic phone thats small for a suit the V3 is ok. But there are better phones around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

TempestSabre from what i could decifer from that post of yours you are saying that you have a v3 and your saying the v3x is a terrible phone
    the names may sound alike but they are very very different phones
    besides the fact that the v3x is from motorola it is a very good phone
    the specs are 2nd to none its definetely worth buying ive had mine for 7months now and not the slightest problem

I'm saying all the Motorola phones ALL OF THEM have poor software. I have a V3, I like it, I've had it 18 months no significant problems. The V3X is bigger and not aswell built as the V3 in my opinion. Small size and build quality are the two best features of the V3. The software however is consistently bad. I have no problems using iTap etc. But I'm a software developer and I know bad software when I see it. The same software is on all the motorola phones, at least the ones I've used.

The V3X is a 3G phones I know that, and I know it has differences to the V3, more memory, better camera etc. But the GUI problems are the same. My opinion is that is still not a great phone. If you like it thats great. That doesn't change my opinion though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Hi all,

I've had a V3x for a few months, where do I start.

I'm giving it in to the store I got if from to be repaired tonight.

When I miss a call it helpfully tells me this, but refuses to tell me who the caller was.

If i scroll dowm my contacts list it returns me to the main screen.

Half my contacts dont work and the phone wont allow me to edit them, i try but it returns me to the mains screen. Only solution is to erase the contact and start again.

When i get txts it displays the phone number and not the contact name.

I've tried to import mp3's but they won't play.

The only redeming feature is the 2 mp camera. It can take decent pics.

In doubley annoyed because I signed a 18 month contract to get free insurance on a phone i'd love to throw into the sea!

Phew thats better...

Joe Dunne

joe dunne you seem to of got the orignal version of the v3x unlucky you
    all these problems were fixed in the later verion thankfully

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote:
    joe dunne you seem to of got the orignal version of the v3x unlucky you
    all these problems were fixed in the later verion thankfully

Do you have a list of issues that were fixed in the latest firmware or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm saying all the Motorola phones ALL OF THEM have poor software. I have a V3, I like it, I've had it 18 months no significant problems. The V3X is bigger and not aswell built as the V3 in my opinion.
    the titanic was better built than the v3. its one of the worst constructed phones in history
    i havent heard of that many problems with the v3x. it seems to be decent enough despite the motorola curse

the titanic was better built than the v3. its one of the worst constructed phones in history
    i havent heard of that many problems with the v3x. it seems to be decent enough despite the motorola curse

I can only talk of my experience. Its been in my pocket with keys and dropped loads of times, with no ill effects. I've never used a case with it. I assume theres not that many with v3x so less reports.

Do you have a list of issues that were fixed in the latest firmware or something?
    sorry mate i dont i was informed this by a customer care guy at 3
    call them and theyll confirm it

1huge1 wrote:
    sorry mate i dont i was informed this by a customer care guy at 3
    call them and theyll confirm it

What? That exact list! Thats uncanny. They must read the boards. :D

• Advertisement

i dont know what to tell ya
    but if you can take my word im saying from personal experience that these problems are non existant in my version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Iv had mine since February. Its an excellent phone and as 1huge1 said the specs are second to none (the camera is brilliant for day time photos i posted a pic on another thread that was asking for examples of pics from 3g phones). Iv had no problems at all with the phone although the text interface isnt as easy to use as a Nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I've had it for a couple of months, the only downside is the plastic casing, I was holding it in my V3 Motorola case and it slipped when I was getting out of the car and hit concrete phone still worked but casing has chips and scratches out of it, no problems with firmware etc, I upgraded myself using software and firmware found at planetmotox site. No problem with speed of software or interface, I was using nokias before this but like this a lot more, only downside is no official case/beltclip for it and plastic shell.

Cheers

Snake ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

thanks guys,
    your feed back is much appreciated! does it take decent night timne pics or pics in dark light and whats the battery life like?

pics are great all the time from my experience

but as for battery life like most 3G phones its not good
    at the most your only going to get a day or 2
    i charge mine everynight (although sometimes i dont need to but its gonna run out sometime during the next day)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

To be honest you're always taking a risk buying a motorola phone though, aren't you? I know I certainly return more of them than any other brand.

well they have gotten better but as much as i love my v3x i think ill be getting a nokia smartphone next because of all the apps i can get for it and free games of the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The Motorola GUI is due a major overhaul for the new series of phones in the new year. Hopefully they will take a leaf out of the Sony Ericsson books - Simple, Clean, Well Laid Out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I don't know, Motorola have always been the triumph of style over substance, and they still make up a proportionally huge amount of Reeturns for me. But we can live in hope :)

Advertisement