Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shell Execute from VB Script

• 13-07-2006 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Although this is probably very basic, i'm only new to VB Script so forgive me. I need to run an .exe from a web page using VB Script. Does anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Technically you can do this, but it is not recommended as it breaches all security policies that you would normally have with the web, (eg performing a shut down command when you load the web page idea)

Why do you need to do this. If you need functionality then you will have to write an ActiveX control to interact with the system to allow you do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

The html page won't be accessible over the internet. Its to give the user the option to run one of two possible installation files when the load in an installation CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Just supply the link to the file in reference format so that it doesnt require the drive letter

eg if it was in the D:\Folder1\File1.exe and you html file was d:\html.html then the link would be .\folder1\file1.exe

HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i think with VB you can use a System() command in invoke an application. just provide the address to the program in the brackets

Advertisement