Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i a saddo?

• 13-07-2006 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Howdy Ho
    Was on another metal site forum the other day and when I said i was going to the Victory Tour in the Temple Bar Music centre in Sept i got slated. whats that about.
    Aiden and the sleeping arent exactly as hardcore as other bands but what the hell was their problem!
    I'm sticking with Boards in future.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Which other metal site was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I don't think you got that reaction because Aiden and other similar bands aren't 'hardcore' enough, more like they're the arse end of the rock/metal scene - aimed at 14 year olds that wear too much make up and need to get their fringes cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Den_M wrote:
    I don't think you got that reaction because Aiden and other similar bands aren't 'hardcore' enough, more like they're the arse end of the rock/metal scene - aimed at 14 year olds that wear too much make up and need to get their fringes cut.
    Agreed, aiden are the worst band i have heard since the rasmus. Where the hell did all theese crap emo bands come from? i mean its like evry songs the same " i want to die but i love you so much" and **** like that its all gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

**** them tbh, as long as you like what you are listening to who care what "hardcore" people think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Cremo wrote:
    **** them tbh, as long as you like what you are listening to who care what "hardcore" people think.

It's just that there is so much more better music out there unbeknowst to most teenagers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

^Better? Of course you mean better in your opinion. Some younger people are at a place where they are as of yet unable to appreciate the 'better' stuff, and the music-by-numbers style is what actually pleases their ears the most. Truth be told, there is no objective 'better' with music. It's all a matter of taste. Tastes differ and change. Accept it.
    Patricide wrote:
    its all gay
    You say "gay" like it was some kind of derogatory term. You a homophobe?

TBH, if you like emo-core or post-hardcore bands, you won't fare much better with boards than you did with that other metal site. People love to hate bands like Aiden. That's the internet for you; by and large full of cynical, angry, horny, lonely, elitist nerds. Not to mention sweeping generalisations :)

You might try this irish music forum instead: www.moshspace.com
    There is, as ever, elitism there too, but IIRC they do like a lot of the kind of bands that are signed to Victory.

So, in conclusion, you're only a "saddo" if you bother listening to the nonsense the elitists spout. Enjoy the Victory records tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

^Better? Of course you mean better in your opinion. Some younger people are at a place where they are as of yet unable to appreciate the 'better' stuff, and the music-by-numbers style is what actually pleases their ears the most. Truth be told, there is no objective 'better' with music. It's all a matter of taste. Tastes differ and change. Accept it.

Of course I mean it in my own opinion, I would have phrased it better but damn it's almost 6am! how can you blame me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

You say "gay" like it was some kind of derogatory term. You a homophobe?

TBH, if you like emo-core or post-hardcore bands, you won't fare much better with boards than you did with that other metal site. People love to hate bands like Aiden. That's the internet for you; by and large full of cynical, angry, horny, lonely, elitist nerds. Not to mention sweeping generalisations :)

You might try this irish music forum instead: www.moshspace.com
    There is, as ever, elitism there too, but IIRC they do like a lot of the kind of bands that are signed to Victory.

So, in conclusion, you're only a "saddo" if you bother listening to the nonsense the elitists spout. Enjoy the Victory records tour.
    No im not a homophobe not in the slightst but yea im using it to put the bands down. In all fairness i know people may preferr this music by numbers style approach but is it not wrong to show them the way away from aiden and other such bands.

In my opinion those bands are ****, **** **** ****. And im allowed to my opinion and im stating it as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

And pimp your own speed metal band based in <insert suburb here> which of course is far superior.

Oh wait. Your band is **** too. My bad.

PS: We don't care what equipment you use. People might care what Steve Vai uses, or Trent Reznor. You? Not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

nicelady/dod, maybe if you took your time researching what type of site MI is.
    basically your first post was this big advertising spiel that you evidently stole from mcd or somewhere similiar. not only did you have no personal message or opinion in it, other than asking if anybody else was going. as a first post from a new member about a non-metal gig that kinda stuff is regarded as pure spam.
    Something else you should realise about MI is that, abuse and insults are thrown around quite easily, long-term members expect it but nothing is really meant by it. its pretty much just a pissing contest mostly, there's no point being offended by it. the users on the post you're reffering too werent insulting you, they were insulting the bands and/or the description of the bands, and the topic got closed fairly quickly because of it.
    you're of course welcome to like any music at all, but you should realise that not everyone holds the same opinion as you.

• Advertisement

Slutmonkey what had you're last post got to do with anything? You're being a dick.
    And lots of people have stuff like that in their sigs, PC spec details etc, usually because they post on parts of boards.ie that discuss that stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Just sell-out and relax to the soothing sounds of kittens and bricks in a washing machine on spin cycle.

My post count says 1,032.
    This is wrong to put it mildly - it's more like 50...strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ok, this has gone all kinds of insulting and off-topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement