Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claud Butler and Trek Road Bikes...

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

you should have a look at the cheaper treks and giant bikes as well as specialized. the allez from them is considered one of the best beginner bikes (500GBP), this or the giant scr 1.0 or 2.0, or the trek 1000. all similar spec all similar prices and all great entry level bikes.

other ones if you want to branch out are the felt f80, the lapierre bikes they have in cycle superstore etc etc..

read up in cycling plus. they had a good review of the carerra road bike from halfords recently..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭marathonic

I've found the Specialized Allez Double for 400 pounds (or the Specialized Allez Triple for 425 pounds) which is a similar price to the Claud Butler above. I like the colours of the Claud Butler better but how do you all think the specs compare?

Its available at http://www.mcconveycycles.com

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

I got a 1500 from buyabike last year. Lovely bike, and good spec for the price. I 'd go for it over the Pilot, despite the carbon stays.
    Secondhand is always good, though maybe not if you don't know what to look for.

M

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

marathonic wrote:
    I've found the Specialized Allez Double for 400 pounds (or the Specialized Allez Triple for 425 pounds) which is a similar price to the Claud Butler above. I like the colours of the Claud Butler better but how do you all think the specs compare?

Its available at http://www.mcconveycycles.com

thats where i got my giant, drove up and got it to be sure it was the right one for me. nice enough guys although have never had to go back so only the one visit, good price and great bike..

Advertisement