Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbors Tree's

Options
  • 13-07-2006 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

The Neighbor at the back of mam has a massive tree (about 50foot in height) and the roots are showing in my mams garden and it has cracked the wall seperating them. It has taken most of the light from her garden and the grass is suffering as a result as there is no moisture in the ground because of it.

My mam went round with her next door neighbor to ask him would he do something about it and he wasnt very co-operative and basically shrugged the two of them off saying it would cost too much and was a bit of a smart arse about it.

Can anyone advise me what the next steop would be with something like this as I can not seeing him doing anything about it.

Please advise

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I believe that you are fully entitled to cut right back to the boundary both branches and roots of your neighbours trees however you must not destabilise the tree or cause it to die, I could be wrong do

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

At this point i'd like to point out the 'no legal advice' part of the charter. Edit your post to reflect that your not looking for such advice or make this a hypothetical situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

"hypothetically"

Spray all the foliage on your side with <snip>, that'll sort it.
    If the neighbour is not willing to co-operate, tough luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

what will round up do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

prospect wrote:
    "hypothetically"

Spray all the foliage on your side with <snip>, that'll sort it.
    If the neighbour is not willing to co-operate, tough luck.

Well that would be vandalism. Plus a bit of round-up isn't going to do a whole lot to a 50 foot tree.

OP, you should seek the advice of a solicitor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

OP since you have replied since and have not bothered to edit your post i'll lock this now.

As Sleipnir said, you should seek the advice of a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement