Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can they jump?

Options
  • 13-07-2006 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Got a new kitten last night, shes tiny, left her at home today, just realised the bathroom door is open and the toilet seat is up. Do you think she could jump in and drown? I've just took a poll in work and they all said no, well, one said hopefully, but I'm really worried, what does everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

How old is it?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ehhhhhhh i dont wanna guess at this...poor kitten...is the bathroom upstairs? can the kitten climb the stairs yet? if so then maybe ya should worry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Even if she could jump that high, I doubt that would happen. Don't worry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Stranger things have happened. Keep us posted anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

She'll be grand as long as she is under 8 weeks, even at that i dont think she'd drown - get a fright but not drown. acn you get someone to call in on her?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

If she's only a kitten , say 8 weeks then she might not even be able to climb the stairs let alone jump into the toilet bowl.

Mine couldn't climb the stairs for the first coulpe of months and even now (a year later) they have no interest in the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

i have a new Kitten as well , and left alone at home on her own , she justs hides
    in the sitting room under the couch ...Im sure you Kitten will be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

they're letting me home early, to check on her, she's 8 weeks by the way, but really small :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

When you go home, if it still alive.... Chuck it into the toilet for a minute or two. With luck you'll kill it & if not it will learn not to go into the toilet :)

EOA_Mushy wrote:
    When you go home, if it still alive.... Chuck it into the toilet for a minute or two. With luck you'll kill it & if not it will learn not to go into the toilet :)
    thats a bit harsh aint it?? :(

• Advertisement

EOA_Mushy wrote:

Your mother should have done that to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Heh, wander over to the animals / pet issues forum - plenty cat bashing going on. Yes, I took part, but feeling guilty now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cats are great swimmers i am told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

EOA_Mushy wrote:

Why would you say something so ridiculous

Mossy Monk wrote:
    cats are great swimmers i am told
    Test it.

Why would i say some thing ridiculous....

Because it is. & I hate cats!!!!

btw that does not mean i would hurt/kill any thing... Damn morals!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

heres an idea... put down the toilet seat?

BTW, if you did find it dead in the toilet... would you attempt to flush it?

Also, not trying to go OT, but I agree with EOA_Mushy, I hate cats. They are the only animals on the planet that kill for fun. I watched one out my window the other day creep up on a bird, pounce on it, knock it around a bit, then let it go, only to wait as it limped off, then pounce on it again.

In australia, Cats are so prolific and ferrel that they are allowed to kill them like rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

L31mr0d wrote:
    They are the only animals on the planet that kill for fun.

I'm afraid I'll have to put in the obligitory "Humans kill for fun too!" post.

L31mr0d wrote:
    BTW, if you did find it dead in the toilet... would you attempt to flush it?

i'm going to hell but christ will i laugh on the way...

All the cat haters are just jealous :p

If you could sleep for 18 hours a day, lick your privates and kill anything that took your fancy you'd all change your tune pretty quickly.

I think domestic cats have it pretty easy as pets go and I would happily change place with one at the drop of a hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Lexie

Not true. My German Shepherd kills rats & birds for fun. She slaps them around with her paws for a while then she tosses them into the air until she kills them.

OP, doubt the kitty will make it into the bowl. Just be careful next time.;)

• Advertisement

K-TRIC wrote:

If you could sleep for 18 hours a day, lick your privates and kill anything that took your fancy you'd all change your tune pretty quickly.

I think domestic cats have it pretty easy as pets go and I would happily change place with one at the drop of a hat.

Your lazy

L31mr0d wrote:
    They are the only animals on the planet that kill for fun.

Actually Polar Bears hunt for sport too.

Cats have purpose in everythign the do, unlike dogs which are mindless retards - i like dogs btw but acknowedge their faults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

6th wrote:
    Cats have purpose in everything they do, unlike dogs which are mindless retards

Wrong and wrong, ktnxbye. :)

Wrong and wrong, ktnxbye. :)

wow, really? ... so glad you told me ... meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Well I couldn't have you spreading vicious lies around like that. Plus I am bored in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

K-TRIC wrote:

I'm not jealous, I can do all of these things. Well, okay, not the middle one, but I have a sponge on a stick and a bowl of my own spittle for that. Life is goooood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Your cat wont be long trying to get out if she does fall in or something, cats (well mine anway) hate water! :) If you happen to see her in the bathroom, run the tap in the bath or sink, so she will know its not a place for her to go. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭marius

I work in a veteniary clinic and I can tell you that your Kitten is almost certainly dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

I work in a psychic hotline, and I can tell you your cats NOT dead.
    And that yoghurt in your fridge doesnt look gone off, but it is.
    And pick up some milk on the way home, you're almost out.

• Advertisement

EOA_Mushy wrote:
    Your lazy

And you need to brush up on your grammer.

Advertisement