Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can they jump?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

marius wrote:
    I work in a veteniary clinic and I can tell you that your Kitten is almost certainly dead.

Thanks, thats good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

L31mr0d wrote:
    They are the only animals on the planet that kill for fun.
    ehm....polar bears, killer whales and the minx all kill for pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

Removed and user banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved from AH.

Since this thread is no longer in AH please take the time to read the charter of this forum (Animal / Pet Issues) and watch your posting. :)

The kitten won't simply have jumped into the bowl and drowned.

It will have been more a case of the lovely little fur ball playfully toiling it's way up the toilet and perching itself on the rim. Tired, but immensely satifised he will have for one second lost concentration and will have slipped head first down into the bowl, it's tiny little claws sliding down the bowl, unable to grip and slow the descent. After plunging into the water he will frantically have brought his face above the surface, his little legs trying desperately to tread water but becoming entangled in the mess of soaked toilet roll. But mercifully his ordeal will have come to an end within an hour or two and you will not have the painful memory of hearing his futile squeaking and whimpering as his eyes and nostrils finally filled with burning beach-filled water.

you just made me cry

• Advertisement

Oh and dogs ftw! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

dogs > cats

er.. i think that is the right sign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

K-TRIC wrote:
    And you need to brush up on your grammer.
    Both true.... meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

fabcat wrote:
    you just made me cry

Erm, sorry, I was just describing a preposterous situation as I'm 100% sure a teeny kitten could not scale a toilet bowl.

When you get home you'll see, it'll be there safe and well and most likely will have pissed all over your floor too. Kittens are amazing, they have stomachs the size of a thumbnail yet can produce turds the size of a fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

L31mr0d wrote:
    heres an idea... put down the toilet seat?

BTW, if you did find it dead in the toilet... would you attempt to flush it?

Also, not trying to go OT, but I agree with EOA_Mushy, I hate cats. They are the only animals on the planet that kill for fun. I watched one out my window the other day creep up on a bird, pounce on it, knock it around a bit, then let it go, only to wait as it limped off, then pounce on it again.

In australia, Cats are so prolific and ferrel that they are allowed to kill them like rats.
    I agree ......... leave the seat down and you wont have to worry about a thing.

• Advertisement

Erm, sorry, I was just describing a preposterous situation as I'm 100% sure a teeny kitten could not scale a toilet bowl.

And that's why you build it a little ramp first....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes cats can drown in a toilet! ALSO CHEMICALS! We shove bleach & all sorts of chemicals down our loos - Toxic to pets so put the loo seat down PLEASE.

To set everyones mind at rest, got home yesterday and she wasn't in the toilet :D but she had managed to squeeze through a tiny space in the wall and get behind the cupboard, queue a very pitiful meowing noise and one tiny trapped kitten :eek: my husband took apart the cupboard and we got her out, she was very dusty and a bit pissed off but thankfully ok. The toilet seat is down today and all tiny spaces are covered so hopefully we'll have a happy kitten this evening. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Awww bless :) They really can get into bother cant they!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I knew of one guy whos kitten drowned in the toilet, keep the seat down, stick a not up to remind anyone else that uses it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Would it be better for her to have a companion ( another kitten ) if she's alone for so long ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Mushy Banned

As Nesf says--watch your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

The kitten won't simply have jumped into the bowl and drowned.

It will have been more a case of the lovely little fur ball playfully toiling it's way up the toilet and perching itself on the rim. Tired, but immensely satifised he will have for one second lost concentration and will have slipped head first down into the bowl, it's tiny little claws sliding down the bowl, unable to grip and slow the descent. After plunging into the water he will frantically have brought his face above the surface, his little legs trying desperately to tread water but becoming entangled in the mess of soaked toilet roll. But mercifully his ordeal will have come to an end within an hour or two and you will not have the painful memory of hearing his futile squeaking and whimpering as his eyes and nostrils finally filled with burning beach-filled water.
    why the hell would you post that?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually though LIke OhMyGawd's post was quite funny, sorry if that offends people. She does have another cat to play with so its not to bad as the big one looks after the little one.

Advertisement