Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wanna dye white shorts, black

• 13-07-2006 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi, i wanna dye a pair of white shorts, black.

where do i buy clothes dye to do this?

does it work? or will it look crapy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I know Hickey's have a dye that you can put in a washing machine along with the item. Make sure to put on a fairly similar wash after using the dye as some dye residue can remain in the washing machine.

I can't say how white to black would turn out as I've only ever re-dyed black clothes.

Best of luck with it,
    A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I've tried dying some clothes with Dylon machine dye and they've turned out very well . I've tried dying white things purples and blues and got they've come out the exact same colour as shown on the side of the box. I'd imagine black should be the same. You might want to bear in mind that the thread in the stitching in the seams of the shorts is unlikely to dye properly and will more than likely go grey or stay completely white.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

I've dyed a few things black using Dylon machine dye. You should get pretty much perfect results on something the size of shorts. But as chilly says the stitching may not change colour, depending on what it's made of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Mola.mola

listen i know this is probably crap advice but you may be better off buying black shorts. i presume white shorts u bought weren't particularly expensive and may have a black homolog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dyed em the other day using Dylon machine dye, turned out grand.

the thread didn't dye, but tbh, looks grand.

thanks for advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

stp wrote:
    dyed em the other day using Dylon machine dye, turned out grand.

the thread didn't dye, but tbh, looks grand.

thanks for advice.
    Maybe you could go along the thread with a black permanent marker if its very noticable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im curious like Mola.mola as to why? Shorts cost feck all.. possibly less than the dye to change existing colours.. is there a reason you did it? Just curious :D

Advertisement