Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday pay parking Drogheda

Options
  • 13-07-2006 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

i heard that drogheda is now pay parking 2.30-6pm sunday and that u cant pay for less than an hour anymore ,street parking 1.20 an hour everywhere
    this cant be true is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Hadn't heard about that but it wouldn't suprise me. The Port Authority have been charging on Sundays since Scotch Hall opened. Also with West St down to one lane parking in the town has got worse. I think you get a free 20-30 minutes grace in the Scotch Hall multi-story carpark if your a quick shopper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

the car park in the new lawrences centre is only €1 per hour. havent heard about not being able to pay for less than an hour on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Yet another excuse not to shop in Drogheda and go to Ashbourne/Blanch instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Yea its pay parking everywhere on a Sunday. Before 2 its free down the docks if you wanted to nip into Scotch Hall, anyway 1.20 isnt going to kill ya for parking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

~Leanne~ wrote:
    anyway 1.20 isnt going to kill ya for parking!!!
    1.20 per hour will!

Sounds very anti-business to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

1.20 per hour will!

Sounds very anti-business to me.

I agree regarding parking in the shoping centers. When you look at the likes of The Pavilions in Swords they offer free parking there. It should be aleast subsidized if not free for people spending money in the centers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Whatever happened to the idea of validated parking in shopping centre carparks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭smadger

Wertz wrote:
    Whatever happened to the idea of validated parking in shopping centre carparks?

There is some in the car-park under Supervalu in Stockwell St. Spend €X, get Y hours parking. Ditto for Boyne Centre, I think.

There is definitely 20 mins grace in Scotch Hall. There's also some grace in the town centre car park, but I don't know how long.

I guess the key difference with the Pavilions or Blanch is that you're not going to park there for other reasons than to go shopping in the centre. However, if parking in Scoth Hall was free, people who work in the town would just dump their cars there all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

An hours free parking could only bre a good thing in scotch hall. I know plenty of people that don't shop there for groceries due to charge as a matter of principle.

Why don't we start a campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I talked to the manager of scotch hall before it opened and when he told me the car parking prices I told him he would be reducing them soon...he denied this... but... then what happened they had to reduce them. I very rarely pay for parking there. I would rather go to the marshes where you get free parking if you spend 20 euro or the pavilion and shop in peace then pay and be thinking of the cost. I say yes start a campaign Louthandproud

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

It stated in the Argos the other week that the Marshes are now giving free parking after 5.30 pm and free all day Sunday to get the shoppers in. I wouldnt justify paying to park my car in drogheda for €1.20 a hour unless they had the same set up as Dunnes in the Marshes (spend €20 get 2 hours free). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 avicbebaldemelt

marshes open wed,thurs and fri night no charge for parking and free all day sunday any wonder it is jammers on sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

The worst must be marks and spencer. I went in the other day to get a frapee and a coffee, I was there less than 10 minutes and they charged me a euro no grace time at all...and dont get me started on the hospital...

Advertisement