Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uneven wall finish after bad sanding... Any ideas on how fix?

Options
  • 13-07-2006 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

We just converted one of the kids bedrooms rooms into a playroom/computer room.

It did have a "winnie the poo" 5 inch boarder about half way up the wall all around the four walls. When we went to pull off, it took the paint with it...Doh!

The paint job orginally done 3 years ago when the house was built never dried out properly due to idiot painters who never let the plaster dry out completely and had simply peeled off the wall with the boarder when removed.

It gets better....

We went on holidays and when we came back, my father in law had half heartly sanded some of the remaining paint off the entire four walls, and repainted the entire room to surprise us. But he did leave areas of paint in two layers/one layer.

The problem is we now have a wall surface that you can see the area where the boarder came off in the layers of paint.

I dont want to sand all the paint off again as it would cause the plaster to become uneven. I just want to start again with an even plaster surface on all walls and repaint.

I did see that polyfilla coat for uneven walls, but i would think that would be madness to place directly onto the painted surface?

Any Ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Not too sure myself, but i'm sure a picture would help to give people an idea of how bad it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Unfortunatley in work at mo....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

You need to call on madm for the cure for that one. If you cant find him here, pm me and I will give you details to contact him

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Polly filla is the job.
    It works fine on top of paint
    Get the one in a tube like tooth paste

Advertisement