Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's me patio?

Options
  • 13-07-2006 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Anyone else arrive home to Charlesland Court night and have a surprise waiting for them on their patio?? :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

...what?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Is this like Where's Wally but really easy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Assume you're talking about the "Work" being carried out by Durkans. Suggest you call Fiona...not that that'll do you any good!
    I think it applies to duplexes and apartments only.
    Bit of a war zone eh???

And before you say it...the same thing happened to me. They just decided to arrive and pull up all the paving slabs, and then b*gger off.
    You really don't want to know how long this is going to take to finish.
    Hope you've no plans for the weekend Birdwatcher

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

So what have they done with your patio nightwatcher? Did they dig it up like The Yipper said?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

my balconies gone too.. pretty poor timing for one of the best weekends of the year... thanks guys..

anyone had this work completed on their duplexes? any idea how long it takes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

my balconies gone too.. pretty poor timing for one of the best weekends of the year... thanks guys..

I dont understand how they can do this without checking with ye first???

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

2 guys knocked on my door Thurs morning asking if it was ok to go on the terrace as they needed to extend the drainpipe. Looks like they may have replaced the foam under the slabs too, not certain about that as I wasn't in. However, they left pieces of foam & their tools on my terrace last night & they are still here this morning so, I presume they will finish off on Monday. Should only be an hour or two to finish off. All in all work should take 2 & a bit days each duplex if mine is a guide. Hope this info helps. Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Well, they started mine on 12th and noones been back since then....Durkans don't have any answers. They simply removed tiles, lashed the gravel around the place and b*ggererd off. I rang them and got nowhere. Anyone for a class action suit??

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

i must say they were pretty quick about sorting it out... the patios all back together now.. i just hope this weekend is as good as the last, so we can reschedule that barbie..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

BBQ
    Excellent!

Actually, don't think I can make it.... I forsee dehydration over the course of the next few days due to excess exposure to the sun.
    will probably spend the weekend covered in live yougurt.

Calm down....I realise the thought of this will cause the many single canines (can't really call them bitches...some people might get offended) on boards to swoon and quite possibly faint, but i can't be held responsible for my actions.

Woof!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

The Yipper wrote:

Calm down....I realise the thought of this will cause the many single canines (can't really call them bitches...some people might get offended) on boards to swoon and quite possibly faint, but i can't be held responsible for my actions.

Woof!

Very Wise Move !:D

Advertisement