Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hallmark stone

Options
  • 13-07-2006 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

what is the going rate " per sq metre" for laying Hallmark blocks. I've checked it with a brickie I know in Dublin and he reckons its hard to get over€75 per sq metre up here. I've been qouted €120 per sq m in Wexford, but as a favour he'll do it for €100 per sq metre. Thats a premium on Dublin of over 30%. Brickie got the hump and walked off site ! Wouldn't even negotiate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

This is the stuff from Roadstone right? This stuff is made from moulds and is all standard sizes. What is the diffuculty in laying it? To be honest it shouldn't cost much more that standard blockwork/brickwork. I stand to be corrected here by someone in the know but I just can't see any reason to pay that sort of money to have it built. The price you are being quoted there would be what I would have expected if it was natural stone you were using, which is a highly skilled and labour intensive job.

Get more quotes to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

I'm based in the North East. My 5/6 quotes all came in at about 45 sqm (cash), but that was just the outside skin of a timber frame. If the brickie you were talking too was just just pricing the outside leaf of a cavity wall, well then that's daylight robbery. I'm not so sure what the going rate would be for an entire cavity wall, ie both blockwork and hallmark. I would be suspicious of anyone who can drop 20 euro sqm of a price just as a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

I am in the northeast too and got a few quotes that came in at 50 and 65 a sqm cash. I had the same as Carb where it was only the outer leaf of a timber frame. That price sounds very high to me.

Lastbuilders

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭secman

Well brickie finished up today on the inner leaf, no way would he negotiate down from his "favour " of €100 a sq metre ! Need to locate a new brickie in Gorey area at a reasonable price per sq metre, probably 55 sq metres left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭secman

just a quick update on Hallmark stone labour rates. Got a local guy in wexford and its working out at €50 per sq metre ! Needless to say "Happy camper" with that, The rip off merchant wanted €100 a sq metre. turns out he wasn't as good as he thought he was, some remedial work was required on his work. Thanks all for the info on the rates. Just saved myself €2,500 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Hi Secman, how much per block is that Hallmark stone and what
    size are they, cheers.

Advertisement