Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freddie Adu vs Celtic

• 13-07-2006 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

Just saw it on CNN. DC Utd won 4-0, Adu played a blinder in the first half. Still looks like a little kid though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

im wary of all the hype surrounding Adu, i seen the pre-season game between DC United and Chelsea last year and he didnt get a sniff on goal against a good defence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Gileadi wrote:
    im wary of all the hype surrounding Adu, i seen the pre-season game between DC United and Chelsea last year and he didnt get a sniff on goal against a good defence

Name one 16 year old who would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

haha, diouf must be 33 by now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

and he's Chelsea bound like everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If he is so good, how come he didnt get a look in for the wc.

He couldnt be still 16 , he's been in cm for about 6 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The guy is a tool for not getting into a European club earlier, probably fecked his career up.

Stekelly wrote:
    If he is so good, how come he didnt get a look in for the wc.

He couldnt be still 16 , he's been in cm for about 6 years.

He sigened for DC united less than two years ago when he was 15, he was 16 when he played against chelsea, last summer.

He was left out of the American world cup squad because.... HE IS 17!

He probably should move to a european club but it's not that easy, one has to make an offer that the MLS will accept.

Seaneh wrote:
    He sigened for DC united less than two years ago when he was 15, he was 16 when he played against chelsea, last summer.

He was left out of the American world cup squad because.... HE IS 17.

Theo walcott went to the world cup and he hasnt played a pl game (although that was a bad sven decision). Pele played, and starred, in the wc at 17. Was Rooney not 17 at the last ec? Plenty of players go at that age. Especially one that are "the new pele". Even moreso if they are from a country not overflowing with world class players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

plenty of 17 YOs also don't go to the world cup! I'd give him another few years to see how good he is!

• Advertisement

Exactly.

Wait untill he hits 21 before you write him off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The guy is a tool for not getting into a European club earlier, probably fecked his career up.

Players are not allowed move from the MLS league until they are 18. That is why he hasnt moved to Europe.

The cliche is true. If your good enough, your old enough. He obviously isnt good enough (or the manager doesnt think hes good enough)

Stekelly wrote:
    The cliche is true. If your good enough, your old enough. He obviously isnt good enough (or the manager doesnt think hes good enough)

Bruce Arena isn't exactly the most reliable coach in the world to be honest.

He's great for his age, he will get better and will probably end up at a euorpean club.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He didn't score a single goal last season. Forget about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I just havent seen enough of him. I have seen clips but I have not seen him play 90 minutes never mind a season. So I will withhold my judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Have to admit I only seen him play 2-3 times and to me he looked very one footed. Didn't live up to the hype I had heard but then again it was only 2-3 games so shouldn't really judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

I reckon he will be an average player at best.

He should be mixing it at a high level to improve his game, not hanging out with ageing stars funding their pension and journeymen locals.

When he moves to Europe (IF?) then we will judge him on what he can do but till then I think he might have stagnated / plateaued.

Emmo

Advertisement