Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advise needed on business adsl

• 13-07-2006 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

ok i was just wondering is the bt 3mb/256kfor 45 per month up (no cap) the best package i can get from any of the providers in ireland we have a business so we can get a business package so is there anything better under 70e a mount tnx :D

oh and also i am in claregalway,co.galway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Here's UTV link its another option

http://u.tv/utvclicksilver_business/clicksilver.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

awhir wrote:
    ok i was just wondering is the bt 3mb/256kfor 45 per month up (no cap) the best package i can get from any of the providers in ireland we have a business so we can get a business package so is there anything better under 70e a mount tnx :D

oh and also i am in claregalway,co.galway

Speed: 3072k Downstream / 384k Upstream *
    E-mail: Free E-mail Addresses
    Web Site Hosting: Free Unix Hosting (up to 100Mb)
    Fixed IP: Up to 4 Fixed IP Addresses included
    Hardware: 4 port router and firewall included
    Contention: 24:1
    Contract Term: Rolling 2 Months
    Back Up: ISDN Back Up Included**

available from netsource for 135 per quarter + vat..

JohnnieM wrote:
    Speed: 3072k Downstream / 384k Upstream *
    E-mail: Free E-mail Addresses
    Web Site Hosting: Free Unix Hosting (up to 100Mb)
    Fixed IP: Up to 4 Fixed IP Addresses included
    Hardware: 4 port router and firewall included
    Contention: 24:1
    Contract Term: Rolling 2 Months
    Back Up: ISDN Back Up Included**

available from netsource for 135 per quarter + vat..

TNX WHATs the cap and are netspource good ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You should also check with Smart Telecom and Magnet who may have business DSL products in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Personally I'd say its between Smart or BT Business, having used BT Business for 18 months I have to say the service itself was flawless! :)

However their billing department sucks and I'm still trying to get over 150e from them that they owe me...but once again the connection itself was very good and only ever had about 15min of downtime during all the time I had it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Just throw a wee bit of mud into this one.

We're having awful trouble with BT at the minute. We were sold DSL with a 5 day SLA, which BT cannot deliver on. We've had three sites down for over 12 business days and are now looking at installing ISDN backup at each (30) sites to account for the DSL outages.

Outages are not too frequent at any single site, but with 30 or so, they're common enough. If I had to put an average on the outages, in days, I'd say about 6 days is the average for a site to be down. When the DSL is up, the service is quite good.

Given that this is for business use, just bear in mind the possiblity of prolonged outages.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

SwampThing wrote:
    Given that this is for business use, just bear in mind the possiblity of prolonged outages.

That is a good point, business users should always look at having a backup using completely different platform.

So you might look at wireless BB from Digiweb or www.magnetbusiness.ie (formerly Leap). Or perhaps cable BB from NTL/Chorus.

Remember DSL from Eircom, BT, Digiweb, UTV, etc. are all using the same tech, so they aren't a good backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You guys do realise that he's in ballygobackwards yes? Most of these options are not available in most of Dublin, never mind in the darkest parts of Co Galway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Very very true blaster, there is a Voda 3g mast out in Claregalway though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

ISDN shouldn't be a problem.

OK TNX FOR REPLYS (caps dam.......)

but i will allso be using it in the house abit for gaming so leap out of the Q.

who would i get the best ping out of thinking of going with netsource or bt who is better ?

awhir wrote:
    who would i get the best ping out of thinking of going with netsource or bt who is better ?

They should be the same as they both are Bitsream DSL resellers. My preference would be Netsource as my experience in the past (over a year ago now) was that their billing and customer support is far superior to BT.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I can see the advertisements now, "Need a good ping for your business gaming? get X-company broadband today!"

is the netsource package no cap.

Advertisement