Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a friend in need

• 13-07-2006 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to pick your brains for healthy recipes...

A bit of background first...
    A mate of mine is in hospital having major surgery.
    She lives alone & up to now has lived on take aways, etc.
    Cooking isn't her forte by any means & I'd like it not to be something else she has to worry about.
    What I'd like to do is to prepare a shed load of healthy meals for one for when she comes home to recuperate.
    Dishes that she can re-heat in the oven/microwave.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Have a look at the thread on healthy veggie sides, I have a rough Quinoa recipe in there and it would be very healthy and it freezes quite well.
    Quinoa can be had from Georges St. Arcade, there's a little hippy food shop there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Quinoa can be had from Georges St. Arcade, there's a little hippy food shop there.

(and from most health food shops for cheap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

(and from most health food shops for cheap)

eh yeah, sorry it's a relatively new discovery for me, I've seen it on tv and such but not tried it until recently, and myself and herself are very impressed :P

Advertisement