Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi strike??

Options
  • 13-07-2006 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Does anyone know is the taxi strike on Monday definitely going ahead??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭TapouT

jmcwobbles wrote:
    Does anyone know is the taxi strike on Monday definitely going ahead??

Yes its going ahead. Although its not a strike as such. The taxi unions are calling on drivers not to work on Monday.

I don't fully understand it when the unions say their members have been balloted. I'm in the National Taxi Drivers Union and I never received ballot papes!.

To be honest I'm not sure how widespread its going to be, or how effective.

I know this thread will go into the gutter pretty soon, like the last taxi thread. But alot of taxi owners do have alot to be worried about, esp. the guys working Dublin airport.

I'm not sure if the baggage issue extends beyond the airport pickup charges, but if it effects me I'll be alittle pissed off. At the moment I can only charge for a maximum of two cases in the boot, and thats it. Now imagine asking a courier company to transport your four or five case's but telling them you didn't want to pay, or only wanted to pay for two. Imagine what you'd be told!.

Beyond that I think the people going to be hardest hit by the new charges coming in from September will be the public and not us taxi drivers. So when people start bitch'n and whinging do it to the regulator and not the driver!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Night Link FTW!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Are there many Taxis out today...?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I got one to work (on account) fairly handily alright. Had to share with some stupid girl who decided to take an extra 20 minutes to get ready, leaving us sitting outside.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Had to share with some stupid girl who decided to take an extra 20 minutes to get ready, leaving us sitting outside.

Did you do the taxi talk thing....:)

"are you on long....?" "what time you off at...?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dub13 wrote:
    Did you do the taxi talk thing....:)

"are you on long....?" "what time you off at...?"

No, he was actually really sound. Claimed that a tiny minority of drivers are forcing the others into striking, but insisted that he wouldn't be bullied. He claimed he was risking a brick through his window just by working today - band out of order for someone who's self employed.

Advertisement